Anybody going to watch FEUD: Bette & Joan?

Dan ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Peanut Head
Anybody going to watch FEUD: Bette & Joan on FX tonight?
Susan Sarandon has Bette Davis pegged dead on....not sure about Jessica Lange as Joan Crawford.
This revolves around the time that the two of them agreed to film Whatever Happened To Baby Jane.

index.php

Attachments

• 2017-03-05 174523.JPG
    2017-03-05 174523.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 94
I don't have cable but I'll catch it when it's available to stream. In the previews Lange doesn't look like Crawford at all, but maybe she'll get the mannerisms right to make up for it. Faye Dunaway's a tough act to follow.

I'd kinda forgot about it; it apparently first aired Sunday night,
but as is the custom with these new media shows, it will replay a number of times.
Anyway, I set the TIVO this morning to do a "season Pass" and will grab the Pilot during a 2Am Tuesday replay.

But - I saw a teaser over the weekend for Fargo - April 19th I think ...
I've enjoy the previous seasons ... looking forward for season 3 of that one!

Last edited:
I watched the pilot episode on Amazon Prime and it actually looks like it might be pretty good. It's from Ryan Murphy who also does the American Horror Story show.

We're watching it & enjoying it. Yes, Susan Sarandon IS Bette Davis...pretty good job there, ma'am. A little biased towards Jessica Lange as Crawford (Minnesota gal, y'know:)) but so far she's holding her own. Tucci is a damn good Jack Warner.

I agree, it's very good.
If anyone was expecting "Mommie Dearest" they will be disappointed.

I tried but after 2 episodes I felt it was one of those you had to have been there kind of things.

Still watching and enjoying. Recently my wife and I watched "What Ever Happened To Baby Jane" and it helped fill in my understanding of the back story. "What Ever..." was a bit before my time. I was 5 years old in 1962, so it was a movie for my parents' generation.

I found it interesting that the backgrounds in the title sequences all represent scenes from "What Ever..."

I also feel that Alfred Molina has been doing an outstanding job as Robert Aldrich.

Last edited:
I think it just gets better with each episode, Lange and Sarandon are just killing it as Joan and Bette. (killing it in a good way I mean)

And their recreation of the 1963 Oscars was superb.

"You should never say bad things about the dead, only good… Joan Crawford is dead. Good.” - Bette Davis :eek: Ouch!

She really did say that, thankfully their was no Facebook around to make a national crisis out of it.

Back
Top Bottom