Anyone have a Chromecast? curious

transmaster

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I have 3 more HDMI ports on My Onkyo AVR, I have my Apple TV, in one, then a Roku 3, an Amazon Fire Stick, and finally my PC. I know there would be a lot of duplication with what I already have but I have the port and the Chromecast is just $35 dollars. I would be interested to hear from anyone that has one. :)

Screen%2BShot%2B2015-10-04%2Bat%2B21.49.47.png

Got one stuck in the TV.
Wife streams the internet to it.
Loves it.

Pissed me off trying to set it up. There is/was no computer app (I'm old school). I had to use the phone app (iPhone). WTF???

Anyway, once installed, its been solid. I like it. I've been thinking about getting another one for the old big screen and using an HDMI to component adapter and streaming youtube.
There is a lot of cool old movies on youtube. The terrible sci-fi is worth the effort alone.

Also doubles as music stream from the web , been getting ready to upgrade to new chromecast. better connectivity and uploading blah blah little more, I had two going 3 years and no real problems other than xfinity makes me restart my router every month to reacquire chromecast signal.

I have a few of them. Mostly I use them at work, for conference room displays, and one on the TV at my wife's salon. The one CC I have at home, I've only used it to perform display calibrations using the THX Tune-up app. I prefer to use my PC based kodi box for my video streaming needs.

I've been using mine hooked up to my Oppo Udp 203 to stream Tidal until I get an Oppo Sonica DAC. It's been great for what I use it for, recommended for sure.

Audiofreak71

Back
Top Bottom