Anyone have an MP3 player with adjustable EQ?

IIRC the Sansa Clip Zip I had has a built in equalizer that I never used. I gave it to a neighbor when I bought the Rocker 2.

Well 5 years later my AGPTEK Rocker I decided on from this thread gave up the ghost (not from quality, but from environmental conditions, drops, etc.). I would maybe buy another but it seems pretty well discontinued and not available. Any new ideas 4-5 years later?

( Recently I also did get and kept a SanDisk Clip Sport Plus but for something else).

So still looking for one with bluetooth & headphone output, lossless formats, EQ, Card insert, and I need the volume and track controls on the outside of the player not as a touchscreen. I want to be able to reach into my pocket and adjust both sight unseen.

Here's a bunch I tried and sent back for various reasons, so not these:

51i-5bv61SS._AC_SX569_.jpg

Crappy Sound (comparatively)

upload_2023-1-9_10-58-12.png
Fantastic sound but too big & too heavy.

upload_2023-1-9_10-59-51.png
Bad sound.

upload_2023-1-9_11-1-11.png
Average sound and no card insert (IIRC). And touchscreen controls not tactile.

Attachments

• upload_2023-1-9_10-58-12.jpeg
    upload_2023-1-9_10-58-12.jpeg
    101.3 KB · Views: 2
  • upload_2023-1-9_10-59-51.jpeg
    upload_2023-1-9_10-59-51.jpeg
    74.4 KB · Views: 1
  • upload_2023-1-9_11-1-11.jpeg
    upload_2023-1-9_11-1-11.jpeg
    70.9 KB · Views: 2
Check out Cowon brand players. I have a small D2 ( no longer current) that sounds fantastic. I bought it about 10 yrs ago. I traded it to my daughter for her larger Creative Zen. I didn’t get it back until she could get all the music she wanted on her smart phone. It plays mp3, flac, wav, ogg, & wma. It also does video, but the screen is only 2 inches. Audio playback is very good. Battery lasts something like 50hrs. I forget the internal storage, but it has an SD slot too. I use it as a source on my workbench, but I think I might start using it again.

I'm still running Sansa Clip Jam. I have 3 or 4 of them. I use one every day for podcasts and audio books. Apparently it does have an eq...you have to scroll thru menus and it has presets and the ability to set a custom eq. I've never used it. Don't really need it for the spoken word...or music.
Anyway, they seem to run a long time.
They're pretty cheap.
Good luck on your search.

Back
Top Bottom