anyone have one of these rework stations ? YH-853AAA

petehall347

the brandy coffee man
was looking for a hot air gun then saw this and thought it would be much more useful to have . mainly for smd work obviously .
just wondered how good they are .

Assistance for OP:

YH-853AAA
YH-853AAA-Heater-Hot-Air-BGA-Rework-Solder-Station-650W-SMD-Hot-Air-Gun-60W-Soldering.jpg_640x640.jpg

Enjoy,
Rich P

I use a Hakko 850D, which has a hand held. I think the Sumsour looks to complicated for occasional use, maybe it's better for production rework - Chris

Hakko 850D is no longer available and looks out of my price range right now . i just need something that works for now . have watched some videos on the one i am looking at and it seems to do the job . .its not that it will pay for itself that fast even if it does work well enough. i just want to be able to finish these 2 jobs i have here without wrecking the boards .
have looked for reviews and cant seem to find any .

They all use the same hot-air handle part and it's actually pretty darn good. I bought a cheap unit with soldering iron too, primarily as a bench top heatshrinker expecting nothing and it has now displaced my Hakko soldering station from my bench! Both have idle/pick up sensors and the iron drops in temp when unused for 10 minutes only to quickly recover. The hot-air part is truly excellent and works just as well as my ancient Hakko (which cost me a fortune back in the day). Basically one unit replaced two for peanuts. My trusty old 926 still sits on the bench too.

The Chinese stuff used to be junk- I can assure you, things have changed. This is the unit I bought for heatshrinking. I've used it for plenty of rework and normal soldering too, and it's faultless. All I modified was adding a switched IEC on the back to hard shutdown the unit- the front switches are soft power.

Internally, they run a microcontroller and the PCB and component quality is very good. There are internal calibration pots for iron and hot air.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2in1-So...497722?hash=item1a51cc5e7a:g:amwAAOSwURlbF0p6

The iron is a Hakko 907 style and honestly, works just as well. A total bargain.

Last edited:
They all use the same hot-air handle part and it's actually pretty darn good. I bought a cheap unit with soldering iron too, primarily as a bench top heatshrinker expecting nothing and it has now displaced my Hakko soldering station from my bench! Both have idle/pick up sensors and the iron drops in temp when unused for 10 minutes only to quickly recover. The hot-air part is truly excellent and works just as well as my ancient Hakko (which cost me a fortune back in the day). Basically one unit replaced two for peanuts. My trusty old 926 still sits on the bench too.

The Chinese stuff used to be junk- I can assure you, things have changed. This is the unit I bought for heatshrinking. I've used it for plenty of rework too and it's faultless. All I modified was adding a switched IEC on the back to hard shutdown the unit- the front switches are soft power.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2in1-So...497722?hash=item1a51cc5e7a:g:amwAAOSwURlbF0p6

The iron is a Hakko 907 style and honestly, works just as well. A total bargain.
cant find that one here yet .
2 things caught me with the one i am looking at .that is the pre heater and cold air to -50c . am thinking cold air will earn its keep as freeze spray aint cheap . hot air for removing components properly on obsolete boards . money is tight for buying toys if they dont work as intended .

- This unit also has "Temperature Compensation Function" which means temperature for hot air gun and soldering iron can be programed from -50 °C to +50 °C.

I bought this a couple of years ago, I use it lightly, but it has been reliable so far, it was less than $50 It came with 5 tips and an extra heating element.
s-l500CA3CT6KE.jpg

antex one came today . had a quick play with it on a couple of scrap boards .. need more practice with the hot air gun . the 50 watt iron is promising as it seems lots better than my 30 watt uncontrolled one . removing solder bridges on ic chips even with the 2.3mm bit is a breeze just like the videos i have watched . soldering with hot air and solder paste is a different art form . am sure i will master it soon .

Back
Top Bottom