Anyone use Musicmatch Jukebox?

Reel 2 Reel

Mad Dog Junkie
I have the new v9.0....with the On-Demand feature...

Talk about ease of listening to tunes.....Just clik on what you want to hear or type it in...new or old......stuff you haven't heard in years....Jazz to country to classical...its like prego...."Its in there!!"....well almost everything...more gets added everyday....

I have to admit though ...the new version of the interface needs tweeking...but when all the bugs get worked out..its gonna be 'REELY' Great!!......

The music is streamed and I don't believe its MP3...but if it is ...its at a very high bit-rate....not that 128 bullchit!!..(EDIT...they are streamed in MP3pro format @96kbs....)

I have had it for two weeks now ...and I love it...I hear what I want to ...when I want to hear it......and only 8 dollars/month...in three months increments...you can get it by the year ...or by the month ...prices vary.....

It will also play your Mp3s ...even when mixed in with the streams..and with an optional DFX feature ...the tunes sound even better....

I hardly ever use my MP3s anymore...this is Quite possibly the wave of the future...for downloaders....I havn't DL'd anything in two weeks...cept Pachelbel's Cannon..(for Guitar).....thats it....

If you havent tried it...or have a earlier version...give it a try...there is also a free trial offered.....

Be prepared to get hooked...

Da link

Last edited:
I've not been very interested in subscription based music sites- have you found a way to save these to a more permanent medium, like say a cd?

I will however admit that iTunes is addictive as crack! Plus I can export out as an aiff and it sounds really good. If you haven't tried these services (either ITunes or MusicMatch) you should give them a try!

I don't stream but...

I've tried to use it to archive LP tracks to CD with some success. I think it's v.7. I have tried DataBecker's Music CD Recorder 3.0 and found it to have a massive hanging problem when you use some of the editing features when used with 98 SE. Also, a 69 minute compilation eats about 1.7 GB in WAV form, causing that dreaded "low disk space" warning on a 3.24 GB HD and leading to a TRUNCATED playlist! I have one on the way with a used 13 GB so maybe that won't be a problem anymore.

As for the jukebox functions, I can't tell you much. I've been trying to archive stuff. I lost a computer with 77 GB storage to a freak accident and have been struggling along with this unit, which won't even accept an overlay and therefore nothing over 2 GB per drive will fully register. A C: of only 1.2 GB gets clogged quickly with only related Windows files and most programming on D: with backup on E: . None of this will do right now, hence I await my new installation's readiness (1.2 GHz vs. 333 MHz, a fast bus, DDR 400, 6 ch audio for my DVD-ROM, etc). I think I only needed a simple MP3 encoder capable of converting to CD audio etc. but I don't have the $$$ for the stuff I really am interested in and free and shareware is not easy to find. Buying and streaming is not my thing. I spent 25 years buying new, used and everything I could. I have some off-air recordings of the old student radio daze of the college FM in Boise, that is if it's not missing or tweaked, 3kw mono 50 miles away that is priceless to me as all the grunge rock videos and early 90's pop I taped from Night Tracks, Friday Night Videos, Night Flight and MTV including day three of Nirvana: the birth of the legend, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden...

I assume you PAY for that stream?

At home I have Musicmatch, iTunes, Real Time player, Windows Media Player - I think they are great. You can set up your own individual play lists, listen to what you want with no commercials, download individual songs for a buck.

At work I only have Real Time player but I still can create my own play lists and as long as the volume is low and does not offend a certain secretary, then I have the music that I enjoy.

IMO - these are great.

Back
Top Bottom