Anyone used or purchased the new Yamaha MusicCast streamers?

cdfac

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I came across the WXC-50 wireless streaming preamp and it sounds pretty awesome, if not the last word in sound quality (hey, if it's similar to the SBT I would be happy). Would be nicer if it had a non-streaming digital input, but my CDP is decent enough. Anyone heard this unit or the corresponding amp (WXA-50) in the flesh?

Did you buy one or just audition one? Looks interesting for sure but I'm not sure I'd pay the $350 (if the Yamaha site is to believed) when there are other cheaper streaming options. I guess it functions as a preamp besides a streamer (only one input though from the looks of it) plus volume control, so there's that as well. Interesting piece.

Did you buy one or just audition one? Looks interesting for sure but I'm not sure I'd pay the $350 (if the Yamaha site is to believed) when there are other cheaper streaming options. I guess it functions as a preamp besides a streamer (only one input though from the looks of it) plus volume control, so there's that as well. Interesting piece.

Just curious. I love Yamaha gear in general. I know we talked about building a streamer when you were over, but I'll be lucky to get my F5T finished soon (even though I'm getting some already completed boards that should be arriving Tuesday!). This looks like a potentially nice plug-n-play option, especially if I can get it cheaper than $350 somewhere.

I completely understand. This thing looks much nicer than most DIY streamers to boot. They have these at Crutchfield (full list price unfortunately), free shipping, 2 year warranty and 60 day return policy. I'm sure there's a display model or used one out there much cheaper. If you get one, I'd love to hear it.

I purchased the wxc-50 4 months ago ( open box item for $180 ) .... absolutely LOVE it ...
It is hooked up directly to a B&K EX-442 200 watt amp using rca cables from the pre-out ....
It has a pretty good dac from what I understand and can stream high quality bit rates ...
I use it to stream Sirius xm , a Spotify subscription and pandora from the native built-in software ....
It is airplay capable - but don't use it ... can also stream high quality files from a computer ....

As far as I can tell , sound quality is superb ....
Highly recommended !

Bk

Thanks, Bk1.

I'm close to grabbing one when I next see a refurbished model available. Accessories4Less sold out the same day I started this thread, and they haven't had more in stock since...

Back
Top Bottom