Apple Music + Iphone +

It should work.

Alternative methods include using an AirPort Express plugged into the amplifier, using AirPlay to get the sound from your phone to your speakers. That has the advantage of freeing you from the limited range of BT.

Thanks Kevin. Looked the Airport Express up and I see an optical out on it but no rca jacks and not sure if it does stereo. Then again, now that I think about it, the iphone won't broadcast in stereo either will it ?

The iPhone will put out stereo. The optical out on the Express will also take a 1.5mm analog to stereo RCA.

AirPlay to the Airport Express is bit perfect for 16/44.1 resolution. Bluetooth is not. Bluetooth doesn't need wifi, but Airport Express does. Some people prefer Bluetooth if they are using old routers since it is often more reliable in that situation.

If you have an Amazon Prime Account, I would recommend the Amazon Dot over the Logitech unit. It does more and you can just say " Alexa, connect to iPhone" rather than needing to go into iPhone settings like most Bluetooth receivers.

That was an interesting read up on the Dot tiger. I had never heard of it before. Looks like a real pain to get one though up here in Canada.

I cross threaded this post over to CAM and got some great help there. I did find an Express used for 40 dollars and after a few hours of pulling hair it is now happily streaming Apple Music into my ancient two channel amp. Iphone is controlling it from anywhere in the house. Totally impressed. Oh, it is set up through wifi to my existing network.

I cross threaded this post over to CAM and got some great help there. I did find an Express used for 40 dollars and after a few hours of pulling hair it is now happily streaming Apple Music into my ancient two channel amp. Iphone is controlling it from anywhere in the house. Totally impressed. Oh, it is set up through wifi to my existing network.

Awesome :)

Try some internet radio too from your phone, you might like it a lot. I do.

I listen to Aardvark blues FM, Alligator Records radio, Swiss Jazz and Swiss Classic a lot.

You should be able to find those stations on Itunes. or at least some of them.

Eric

I have 5 airport Expresses to stream my music . The best sounding one is the second gen version connected via optical from the 1/8th phono jack to a optical to coax converter then to my Adcom GCD-750 CD player then to my Sony 4650.

Love the Airport express , and on the latest Apple operating system if you have Mac's you can stream your music to all the Airports simultaneously for a "party" mode so to say ;)

Nashou

Back
Top Bottom