Are we freaks, or ????

MaxxVolume

Lunatic Member
Last night, we were enjoying my wife`s superb (bone-in) fried chicken, when a strange thought occurred to me, causing me to LOL...."what`s so funny ?", she asked. I said to her "We`ve been married for 35 years, and we`ve never gone into a KFC, Burger King, McDonalds, or any of those type of fast-food joints....how weird is THAT ?" She agreed, stating that we are probably the outcasts of our neighborhood.... :)

I feel safe admitting such blasphemy among you true Foodies, I have a good support network here ! :)

My wife and I rarely eat at fast food places. My wife craves a McD fish sandwich once in a while. I like an Arby's Reuben once in a while, but I agree, most fast food is junk food.

Nah, nothing wrong with that and you're not alone.
We consciously try to avoid eating fast food unless on rare occasions such as traveling to NY and visiting Shake Shack, or when the very first Chick Fil A in our area opened.

You are not alone. McDonald's is actually struggling these days.
I haven't been in any of those places probably since some high school field trip or something. I guess it does help that I live in the only state whose capital has no McDonald's.

Totally cool story. Think of the health you've saved by not going. It's always more gratifying to cook it at home, congrats of 35 years btw!

Wow... never in 35 years!? That's pretty impressive!!! Keep it up and as others have said, think about all the health benefits and money you have saved! :thumbsup:

You may be freaks, but you're healthy freaks!:thumbsup:
I'll visit a fast food joint once in a great while but it's not a habit of mine.
When you make it at home you, at least reasonably, have an idea of what's going into your meal.

Most sandwiches and burgers at McDonalds have close to 100 ingredients in them. 100 different ingredients in one burger....including additives and preservatives.

Also about fish used in most restaurants and fast food places, school lunch...even sold in markets.

You know what, your not missing anything.....

Fact is you'll live longer because of it !

I'd rather go to an Italian restaurant that has an established reputation or a good Chinese restaurant that does not use MSG.

Does Subway count? That's almost like real food ... ;-}

I must confess. I break down and get a double meat Whopper (with cheeeeeese!) every now and then. With french fries of course ... BK has the best french fries. I love them french fried paterers, uh huh.

65b3fff02ba7b68982766b3c67988c6f.jpg

Back
Top Bottom