Are Your Friends Intimidated-By Your Large Infinitys

Bahamayellow

image.jpeg Hello I saw this in another thread possibly in general discussions or a speakers thread. Infinity made a number of large speakers. Most of it by design. Just wondering if any of you have friends that are intimidated by the sheer size of the larger speaker lines. I spent numerous hours listening, changing cables, phono carts, a rebuilt amp to get the speakers where I want them. I am really enjoying the sound especially some of my friends. One friend in particular really likes the sound and stage of the K9s but just can't get past the size of them or my Kappa 8.1 which are considerably smaller. I guess I don't judge any speakers by the size but by sound. My friend has Svs floor standers not the top of the line and has had the original Advents to compare. Just wondering if you have some friends like that. :confused:

Yea all my friends like my epsilons and k9's, they actually like that they are big.

I know my cable guy pretty good now but the first time he came to my house to do some work he was so impressed with the sheer size of the epsilons and k9's that he asked me if I could remove the grill on the k9 so he could see what the drivers looked like, after removing the grill he said...they don't make them like that anymore, he could not believe they had two twelve inch woofers in them.

Another time I was selling a pair of small pioneer bookshelf speakers and when the guy came to pick them up at my house I had them set up next to the epsilons so he could hear them first before buying them, he liked the pioneers and bought them but he wanted to hear the epsilons before he left so I popped in a CD, No Doubt rock steady live Bonus disk, Underneath it all and Just a girl, I had to laugh when I played it for him, he kept rocking his head back and forth like how a dog does when they hear something, I asked him if something was wrong and he said... the lady is there, she is there, how are they doing that, the look on his face was priceless.

Last edited:
Maybe mystified. They just can't understand why one man has QLS1'1, RS2.5, Tympani's, Revel F-30's. After that, it's always "Why do you have more than one amp?" All those questions go away once they settle in for listening though.

What speakers?
50dca6da3ddbbe2d147cc5ac95413c13_-the-elephant-in-the-room-meme-elephant-in-the-room_969-1023.png

Back
Top Bottom