Arrested Development - Season 4

mrs spideyjack and I are on our second run through, happy to say that it's even funnier the second time.

Am I the only one who's disappointed in the new season?

While there are inspired bits here and there (The Method One Acting Clinic for example) but on the whole it just seems a bit... off.

I think some of it is the music, it just seems to drone on and on right over the dialog at times, and the narration sometimes seems to be a bit excessive and not focused like it used to be.

Another thing is that they seem to be dwelling on only one character at a time instead of having the group interaction that made the original so great.
I understand it's probably hard to get everyone together at once since they have all moved on to other projects but it does have that "Reunion Show" feeling at times. Like Return to Mayberry or something.

Am I the only one who's disappointed in the new season?

While there are inspired bits here and there (The Method One Acting Clinic for example) but on the whole it just seems a bit... off.

I think some of it is the music, it just seems to drone on and on right over the dialog at times, and the narration sometimes seems to be a bit excessive and not focused like it used to be.

Another thing is that they seem to be dwelling on only one character at a time instead of having the group interaction that made the original so great.
I understand it's probably hard to get everyone together at once since they have all moved on to other projects but it does have that "Reunion Show" feeling at times. Like Return to Mayberry or something.

I've only watched a couple of episodes so far - I'm not ready to make any conclusions on whether I'm disappointed or not though. It's always a little jarring to see characters/actors age - though to me it's most evident with George Michael and Lindsey's new look.

There is definitely more narration - I guess that's their way of catching everyone up to what's happened to the characters since Season 3. I think focusing on each character per episode is also for catch-up purposes, though logistically I read it was also incredibly hard to get everyone together at once with their schedules. Thought I read something about their actually using green screens to put characters together.

Thus far it is not what I expected or hoped for. Not enough interaction between characters. I will hold final judgement until a second viewing ....

Some moments are good though ....

I'm starting to warm up to the new season, as it progresses it starts to come together and make more sense.
It's quite different in some ways but there's still enough of the original spark to make it worthwhile.

"Gene Parmesan, at your service"

Lucille-"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

Michael-"Mom, didn't you know he was here?"

Lucille-"Yes, I hired him."

Oh, and I love how the Marvel Copyright Lawyers keep slapping subpoena's on Tobias and company.

Okay, I wound up loving this, different to be sure but still better than 99% of everything else on TV.
The Buster episode is hysterical, particular the part that is similar to "that Vince Vaughn movie" Psycho.

One of the difficulties making this is the actors were tied up on other projects, thay had to shoot what they could when they could and then edit it into a coherent whole.
It's amazing they were able to get them back together at all, it shows just how much a labor of love it is.

One question, is there going to be more? Seems like there are a few loose ends that need tied up.

One of the difficulties making this is the actors were tied up on other projects, thay had to shoot what they could when they could and then edit it into a coherent whole.
It's amazing they were able to get them back together at all, it shows just how much a labor of love it is.

Somebody listened to the interview with Mich Hurwitz on Freshair? :scratch2:

I finally started watching this, I was hesitant after the last revival didn't go so well.

It's fantastic! it feels like they never left, the endless puns, sight gags and looping plot lines are as sharp as ever.

The fact that they were able to get the entire cast back on board shows how much they love this show. Thank you Netflix!!

I finally started watching this, I was hesitant after the last revival didn't go so well.

It's fantastic! it feels like they never left, the endless puns, sight gags and looping plot lines are as sharp as ever.

The fact that they were able to get the entire cast back on board shows how much they love this show. Thank you Netflix!!

Are you watching the original season 4 release or the current remix "Fateful Consequences" on Netflix?

I prefer the original season 4 edit.

Back
Top Bottom