Arrrgh!

Velocewest

Issfully Blignorant
Just missed a nice Pro-ject TT on CL Portland for $100! Just missed as in, by about 5 minutes... :tears:

Only had to whinge a bit.

OK, that makes me feel better. At least it didn't go to some baggy-pants "DJ" who would toss it when he discovered it was belt drive.

Good score Mark! :thmbsp:

Sorry Tony if it's any help making you feel better I had to sell a Leica camera lens last night on Photo.net for about 2/3 of what it was worth as I didn't have the funds when I told the guy I wanted it. (I could have borrowed the money from the wife but that carries very heavy interest!)

I just got home a little while ago having made a Portland day of it. I visited Echo Audio and new audio place called Pearl Audio (just farther north on 10th band 1/2 block west of Johnson) They are dealers for the ProJect distributors.

ANYWAY the TT it is a Model 1.2 condition wise it plays very well the stylus has been well taken care of (it was bought buy the seller at Echo audio a year ago) It was not being used the guys place looked like a storage unit with stuff stacked head high. The cover has some pretty good but not deep scratches. I was stopping by TAP Plastics for something else so I splurged and bought the best of their scratch remover and polishes for it. Hopefully I won't have to start with 800 grit sand paper it's not to bad. The Mat (felt looked real nice) The little counter wieght for side pressure could have been in a little better condition But that is easily spiffed up. It has an Oyster Cart. All and all well worth the $100.00.

I'm planning on finishing restoring my Philips GA-209 and trying a comparison but the Philips is greatly limited by it's cart mounting not being a true 1/2" it has a little plastic bracket that holds the origional Philips cart and it doesn't look like any others. There is another type of cart holder that would work with the std. 1/2 mount but finding one would be a probelm.

The needle doctor managed to find me a new stylus ($50.00) OUCH! that I need to pickup from him SOON. Anyway I will most likely sell the Philips and use the money (hopefully enough) to buy a speed Box for the 1.2 And then soon I'm going to add the Pro-Ject Phono preamp as well.

Once I have it all up and running I'm thinking of looking at a new Cart. But that is a ways off lots of other things on the game plan.

Sorry to have beaten you out Tony but I asure you I won't be after any other TT's for at least a year or two now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom