asilker's Apartment Arrangement *photos*

Discussion in 'Members' Systems' started by asilker, Jul 25, 2015.

1. asilker

asilker Bible Reader Subscriber

Haha thanks!

This has been a big few years for me in general... Got married, started my first pastoral job, finished ordination and a master's degree. I've tried to keep my hobby stuff paced with the real life stuff because it helps to unload stress, but it's also a great tangible illustration that hard work actually goes somewhere.

Sorry, maybe that's needlessly philosophical... Lots of effort can mean a great payoff :)

Nightwisher, Ds2000 and BassKulcha like this.
  2. asilker

3. BassKulcha

BassKulcha AK Subscriber Subscriber

4. TomBig58

TomBig58 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Congratulations on all! I admire your commitment to the pursuit of audio excellence with all those other things going on in your life. Though I live alone I too have a relatively small apartment. Your aquisition of those huge speakers speaks volumes as to your commitment to excellence. For years I've listened to stereo vinyl through my HT fronts. Now that I have some decent stereo gear it's hard to come up with a way to set up a different listening area for that. It's a work in progress and I still might integrate the two listening/viewing areas but for now, while speaker testing, I've got 4 sets of towers, a few bookshelfs, Infinity floor speakers, a small work/test station, and a bunch of equipment hanging out in my living room. I posted some early pics in introductions when I first started accumulating gear. You probably will see some tower pairs and an overstuffed leather recliner on local CL soon lol. I'm in the south Lakeview neighborhood I'm sure our paths will cross someday. Keep up the good work!

Ds2000 likes this.
  5. asilker

Thanks man, that's a huge compliment.

What's worked for me is to get rid of everything I don't love (hard cuts) and only keep one of everything. 4 pairs of infinity could find 1 pair of sweet magnepans or whatever. I don't think there's a wrong way to do the hobby and I realize that some people get a kick out of owning lots of different designs. That's cool... I just can't do that.

Let's get together soon. I'm going to shoot you a PM

Ds2000 likes this.
  6. Wildcat

Wildcat ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ Subscriber

I've had a few strange years here myself--the recession didn't help matters, and we moved a couple of times, but it's nice to have my main system in place now, and I know I can just wander into the room, turn things on and unwind with some tunes at the end of a long day. It makes this insane hobby of ours worth it. ;)

asilker likes this.