Assemblage D2D-1 Sample Rate Converter

RDSChicago

So I recently acquired this cool little complement to 16/44 DACs which upsample redbook to either 48 or 96 bits. I bought an upgrade Adcome GDA-600 with all the upgraded caps/op amps etc. it sounds pretty terrific for a few hundred bucks. For some reason, I am unable to upsample to 96. I just get silence at 96. I tried the converter with an MSB Link Dac III (with the Full Nelson treatment ) and the 96 upsampling worked fine. Any ideas as to what's going on? Thanks.

Unless upgraded to be able to work with 96kHz/24bits GDA-600 can only do up to 48 kHz/16 bits. Also the GDA-600 already internally upsamples to 352.8 kHz, there is really no point in upsampling upstream.

Ah, thanks. Glad there’s an explanation at least. But the Assemblage piece also is supposed to lower jitter so there may yet be a beneficial reason to use it.

Ah, thanks. Glad there’s an explanation at least. But the Assemblage piece also is supposed to lower jitter so there may yet be a beneficial reason to use it.

Jitter yes it is a good reason, if your source is jittery. Can it be run with no change in sampling rate, i.e. 44.1 kHz in/out?

Yes, it can be run at original sampling rate. It is a cool little component. Plenty of reviews out there.

Yes, it can be run at original sampling rate. It is a cool little component. Plenty of reviews out there.

It looks interesting. However the benefit of killing Jitter over SPDIF is a moot point as the CS8412 receiver in the GDA-600 is spec'd at 200ps intrinsic jitter, so no matter how good the reclocker is (5ps fpr D2D-1?) that will be the limiting factor. If your source is really jittery it will help but will not realize the full potential. The solution to that is I2S output in the D2D-1, but sadly the GDA-600 is not an I2S compatible DAC, even internally.

Back
Top Bottom