At long last... The Edgarhorns are singing!

Looking good, Nate! They are going to take a bit of horsing around position wise to get them up to their potential. Breaking in the Delta 10A's in those horn cabs is also going to take some time to get them to come around.

Just be patient and try to keep them running as much as possible even if you are not home. It might be time to break out some SS amplification for a spell so you are not burning up 2A3's during the process.

Question for you. Are you getting no output or just low LF output from the Fraziers? If your can sticking you ear up to the horn exits on them and hearing nothing, you might want to revisit your crossover. I've been there before.

Are the tweeters to complete your 3-way next?

RC
I think it's just a matter of allowing for break in, Ron. LF is there, a bit anemic and drops off fast.

I'm running the EL84 monos right now, so no undue stress on the 2A3s here. Steve at LH is doing that for me in his system at the moment... :)

Yep, supertweeters are next. Just a matter of hooking them up.

More questions to come, I'm sure! :thmbsp:

Looks like I forgot to mention that they look fantastic, Nate. The Edgarhorns I've heard (as demo'd by the man himself) sounded wonderful. I'm sure yours are right there with 'em.

It appears the only horn support is on the driver. Are they monstrous enough to eliminate the need for support under the salad bowl?
They're pretty ridiculously heavy and the support seems to be doing the trick. I'll be keeping an eye on the one year old for a while, to see if he wants to drive them like a steering wheel... :rolleyes: Otherwise, they should do okay.

Wow, Nate. Great job Ejfud! I think I could live with the beaminess and lack of bass if I had those.

I'm confounded by what I'm seeing. Having no experience with this type of speaker, can someone fill me in? Am I looking at a full-range driver behind the horn, on top of a dedicated sub?

More like a killer midrange that reaches up into tweeter territory sitting on top of a woofer.

I'm confounded by what I'm seeing. Having no experience with this type of speaker, can someone fill me in? Am I looking at a full-range driver behind the horn, on top of a dedicated sub?
Not quite...

They're two-way speakers that are soon to be three-ways. Currently, the compression driver on the round horn is tuned to 500hz, which means it handles frequencies from 500hz and up. The box beneath it has a woofer in it. The box is a folded horn which is acting as the bass bin. It's covering the lower frequencies, down to 40hz or so. As big as they are, they're not doing low bass.

The compression driver up top rolls off around 15Khz or so, and I will be adding some supertweeters to pick up where it left off.

The beauty of this setup to me is that the speakers are extremely efficient, allowing me to power them with the wimpy flea-powered SET amps that I love.

EDIT: Ah, I see that Ray replied while I was typing this. He knows this stuff waaaaaay better than I do - hopefully he'll correct any glaring errors I've made! :)

Good to see these finally get a workout. They turned out real nice. I really don't remember what I skinned them with, 1/8" or 1/4", but it really made for a nice cabinet in strength and appearance.

Tell your wife I like the room that way. That will give you the tie breaker right?!

Try and keep it together so I can come over for a listen please.

Back
Top Bottom