At long last... The Edgarhorns are singing!

Yep! :yes:

Drawings of the Dixielander innards as promised (attached).

Is there really a disembodied cone sticking out the front? With that thing showing as is, it looks like an isobaric loaded horn. Funky. I'm assuming it's just a diffusor stuck on the front panel to herd the sound waves around the corner.

Is the back open or is that where you attached a sub-enclosure for the new driver?

Those are beautiful! Nice room as well. Looks like you have the same model cat that I do!

And hook up the tweeters.

I knew you had been listening to the EV's to long when you thought the 604's sounded bright!
I got those hooked up tonight, Gary...

Man, these are shaping up! The tweeters round things out nicely, and I think the bass is slowly showing up.

Ron, I dug into the cabs and swapped the woofer connections. I realize I could have done it on the compression drivers, but it felt right to do it inside the box, where nobody could see... Now I don't have to worry about whether I should be hooking up red to red or vice versa.

Stopped at Half Price Books today and got some nice rekkids. Tonight I'm listening to The Montreux Collection, a Pablo Records recording of highlights of the Montreux Jazz Festival 1975.

Great stuff! :yes:

I haven't asked since she last gave her opinion, but I bet she'd like them more, now.

Gary, you and/or Ron need to get over here sometime for a listen after they settle in a bit more.

Boxes were built onto the backs of them to add more volume for a different driver, and bases were constructed to get them off the ground a bit.

Here's a "before" picture of the whole shebang.

Nate,

What did you replace the Frazier driver with? Others claim the earlier units with 8" drivers sound tighter.

Beautiful work by the way!

Mark

Nate,

What did you replace the Frazier driver with? Others claim the earlier units with 8" drivers sound tighter.

Beautiful work by the way!

Mark
Hey Mark, the Frazier drivers had to go because one had a scratchy VC, and because doucanoe has already done the research and shown that they can be improved on. The replacements are Eminence Delta 10s. An additional box was added to the back of the cabs to increase volume for those drivers.

Great project! I'd love to see a pic of the x-overs using the oip caps.
Hmm... too bad I put them inside the box.

I'll probably be digging them out to rewire with some better wire, soon. Will try to remember to take pics at that time.

Wow I know I was Awol for a while in July but how the heck did I miss this? Those are Awesome Nate as usuall with all your RBAudio products.:D Love the room setup I bet they sound Great. Nice work! :thmbsp:

Hmm... too bad I put them inside the box.

I'll probably be digging them out to rewire with some better wire, soon. Will try to remember to take pics at that time.

OK, cool. I'm intrigued by the large oip caps and their use in x-overs. I've begun slowly collecting my own parts.

Those look great Nate. They truly do. And I know from personal experience that the horn sounds good. I just missed out on a pair of those woofer boxes. Would like to hear them sometime. Can you pack them up and bring them to Michigan please....:D

Back
Top Bottom