ATC

MrLem

I'm curious. Over here in Britain ATC are quite popular, but I rarely see a mention on AK. Do they not have a big presence in North America? Not rated? Not known? Not the cheapest I know, but neither are Proac or Spendor and they both seem to have a following.

Oh good, I'm not completely alone. Looks like it might just be you and I, so let's call this a very exclusive owners thread. I also like my ATCs, which are SCM19 v2. It was tricky to find the right electronics. They show up flaws in the chain mercilessly, but are very rewarding now I've got it right. An old MOSFET amp turned out to be just the ticket.

Last edited:
Oh good, I'm not completely alone. Looks like it might just be you and I, so let's call this a very exclusive owners thread. I also like my ATCs, which are SCM19 v2. It was tricky to find the right electronics. They show up flaws in the chain mercilessly, but are very rewarding now I've got it right. An old MOSFET amp turned out to be just the ticket.

:trebon:

Mine work wonderfully with what would look as a horrible mismatch: a SET Mastersound 300B SE amp! I listen to classical music, so the low power is just what I need. Before, I feeded my ATC´s with a Bryston 4b (just the opposite) and they also sounded great, in a different manner of course.

Last edited:
There are ATC fans here. I have KEF gear but ATC is on my "radar" for sure, along with many others LOL!

I own a pair of ATC SCM 20 T ( floor standing) speakers. - They replaced a set of Sonus Faber Grand Piano Home, but haven't quite taken the place of my B&W Nautilus 802's.

DSC_0624.jpg

DSC_0630.jpg

I have the 7s, 11s and now I'm trying to find a way to get the 19's. They're different animals but the 11's give my Harbeths a run for the money.

I very much like ATC. I had a pair SCM11v2’s for awhile. They aren’t the best at low volume and my new living situation called for that. Also my wife found them to be a bright to her. She preferred the Harbeth speakers that Ihad at the time. I would love to have a pair in my stable...but not at the expense of selling my Harbeth’s or ProAc’s.

That's cool - it's all about preferences.

I had a change to bring home some Harbeth P3ESRs to try with my setup. Too 'sleepy' for my tastes.

I like ATC myself, have owned SCM7’s and 11’s, as well as SCM20-2A’s. In listening, but not owning some of the upper models, I think ATC really come in to their own with the active models with amp packs and crossovers built in. My SCM20’s gave me hints at what was possible, but they get expensive quickly and you kind of have to buy into it all at that point. Certainly not everyone’s cup of tea, but hard to complain on the sound they bring, even in passive mode. Nearly indestructible, but bring some decent amplifier power too.

Here's a picture of my ATC SCM150 ASLT towers side by side with my other pair of speakers, the ME Geithain RL 901K. Both are very detailed and revealing monitors, yet both really know how to sing with a lot of PRAT, energy and thump, but also subtlety and nuance if called for. It's quite fascinating, too, how they are different in the way they present the music.

I certainly very much like the ATCs and the way they sound — but I must admit that I also have a quite a bit of a soft spot for quite a few other active studio monitors. Given the space to put them I probably could quickly think of a few others I would just love to bring home as well. Call it loudspeaker promiscuousness...

_MG_6720__ATC SCM150__ME Geithain RL 901K_sw_1200px_web.jpg

Don't own a pair but have heard them a number of years ago and was impressed with the sound.
I now own my "end game" speakers, but if a pair ever came my way for a reasonable price, I would be all over it!

Here's a picture of my ATC SCM150 ASLT towers side by side with my other pair of speakers, the ME Geithain RL 901K. Both are very detailed and revealing monitors, yet both really know how to sing with a lot of PRAT, energy and thump, but also subtlety and nuance if called for. It's quite fascinating, too, how they are different in the way they present the music.

I certainly very much like the ATCs and the way they sound — but I must admit that I also have a quite a bit of a soft spot for quite a few other active studio monitors. Given the space to put them I probably could quickly think of a few others I would just love to bring home as well. Call it loudspeaker promiscuousness...

View attachment 2228679

Love the MEG's, very nice! Not one you read mentioned often, or seen here in the States for that matter! Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom