Attention all Midwest AK'ers- Swap Meet in Southern Wisconsin

radiolee

There seems to be a fair number of folks in the Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Iowa region so I thought it might be cool to get together for a swap meet/show/jam session in the near future.

My brother has a blues club near Janesville WI called the Silver Moon. It's a great place with plenty of room inside and in the parking lot. He would bill it as a vintage audio/ musician's equipment event and there should be plenty of action.

Tentatively thinking about Saturday March 20th, say 10-4.

So let me know if you're interested and we'll start putting it together. He says there's some reasonably priced motels in the area and he has a blues jam every Sunday so it could be a two day event.

So reply or PM and I'll try to keep you all informed.

Cheers!
Lee

Last edited:
Awesome ! We definitely want you guys around the country to set up gatherings. It makes for a tighter community. If the stars align just right I may be able to make it.

Grumpy

I've pencilied it in...esp. since there's a Sunday blues jam and the place has a house Hammond. :D

Hopefully we wont end up bookin a gig that day....

TP

Hey if anybodys in my neck of the woods...stop by and we'll hoist one or two....just dont 'all' stop in at once.....I don't want to end up like Grump....and have an all out,,no holds barred fest goin on here....I couldn't handle it.........besides ...Saginaw sucks........

Count me in. I should be able to run down there for a night or two. Always nice to put a face to a screen name.

Last edited:
Swap meet update

Things are on track for March 20. Should go from about 10 AM to 5 PM. The bar is not open that night, but the regular Sunday Blues Jam will be going on the next day.

Should be lots of interesting toys on tables.......

Cheers!
Lee

Any more updates to the AK fest? Dunno if I'll have anything nifty for show & tell though.

How many people have signed up for the fest?

The swap meet is a go for this Saturday!

I really don't know how many will be there at this point, my brother has had it in his ads and newsletters and he tells me past meets have been well attended. I'll be there with a little bit of everything, from guitar amps to good old Pioneer and Sansui gear, some nice bookshelf speakers including some Altec 890C's, AR4's,vintage Jensens,etc., turntables, vinyl, radios,and a lot of other assorted knick-knacks from the dusty bins.

My brother's quite the pack rat and specializes in vintage motorcycles and also has a s--tload of musician's gear.

I'll be looking for vinyl, so bring any you might want to sell or trade. I'll also be interested in old amplifiers, speakers, working or not, and just about anything with tubes in it.

At this point, they're calling for weather in the fifties, but, you know, the weatherman has been wrong once or twice in the past. We'll be able to go indoors if necessary.

I'll look forward to meeting any or all of you who care to make the trip!

Cheers!
Lee

So if anyone's in the area, please come on by. it'll be a friendly gathering and hopefully repeated on a regular basis in the future.

Sorry about that!

The Silver Moon is on Route 11/14 about half way between Janesville and Delavan Wisconsin. I believe the crossroad is County G.

11/14 is a major highway and you could take either the RT. 11 exit or the Rt. 14 exit off of the 90 and just stay on it heading east. It's on the north side of the road.

From Delavan, take Rt. 11 west about 6-7 miles.

Thanks!
Lee

I'm there with bells on Lee ;) Looks like the weather is going to be ok. It has been miserable here. A welcome break.

John

What I'm bringing to the swap

An RCA New Vista TV good condition but no HV
Pair of Smaller Advents refoamed
Rec-o-Kut 33/78 record cutter for parts or repair
two cheap guitar amps (one tubed) w/o speakers
Pioneer 100w AV receiver
weird JVC cassette deck with spectrum analyzer
Fluke 73 DMM
Moog Rogue synth

Hey Have a ball everyone :cool:

Wish I could make it . But my daughter came home from college with a DAD can you fix my car.:pity:

This is after the boy who's in Med. school had me do a rush brake job.:dammit: last night.

So once I get everyone a set of wheels working I probably will have a few honey do's :bash:

Which won't allow me time enough to make the drive. Sure would like to have put a few faces with names. Maybe next time.

So hoist a few for me :beerchug:

Army

Proud Father of three :yippy:

One last bump

It's 4am and Lee is loading up the trusty rusty Toyota pickup and heading down the road to Janesville Wisconsin for the swap meet.

Should be a fun time and I look forward to seeing a few of you there.

Just look for the old hippie spinning big band vinyl near the stage.

Ciao!

Lee

Back
Top Bottom