Audio Alchemy Powerstation One

I got it working! The 5V regulator was fried. Apparently the board sags and components can touch the chassis inside the DDE. I replaced the regulator and added a piece of card stock below the board. Plugged it in and it came to life!

That is great to hear. You could probably make a killing on ebay with a nice looking design. It seems like missing power supplies for these is common.

It's a while since this thread was last posted to, but, hoping someone is still monitoring!

I have the same problem as many - the PSU for my AA DAC-In-A-Box has failed - and am investigating possible replacements.

I am in the UK and my understanding of electronics is quite limited!

Seems like the advice is that I need a power supply that will deliver both +15V and -15V ......from this I am guessing that the cheapo units, such as THIS ONE would not work as they only supply +15V. Can someone confirm, please?

There are some suggestions for items, but, they seem to be "bare bones" circuits and I don't think I am up to using one of these (unless there are detailed instructions somewhere of how to turn this into something I can plug into my DITB!)

I came across THIS advertised on eBay and seems like it will do what I need - would just have to replace plug with the 3-section mini-jack. Does this look suitable?

MM- You should be seeking a 24VCT transformer or a 2-channel 12V/12V power supply. I've used (and sold) MeanWell PD-2512 power supplies. I included a UK link for you, just click on the blue print. You can easily attach mains and output wires. Just remember to plug everything in before the mains. Mains connect LAST.

The transformer you reference will NOT work. You could use two, but it would be clunky.

MM- You should be seeking a 24VCT transformer or a 2-channel 12V/12V power supply. I've used (and sold) MeanWell PD-2512 power supplies. I included a UK link for you, just click on the blue print. You can easily attach mains and output wires. Just remember to plug everything in before the mains. Mains connect LAST.

The transformer you reference will NOT work. You could use two, but it would be clunky.

Just noticed that this is 2 x 12V supplies.......is that OK as the current one is 14V?

Yes. That choice is up to you, on the box. 12V is fine. I've experienced no problems, in fact the voltage regulators will run cooler inside your AA gear.

Yes. That choice is up to you, on the box. 12V is fine. I've experienced no problems, in fact the voltage regulators will run cooler inside your AA gear.

Sorry, one more question.....

Can you explain how to connect up the stereo mini-jack, please? Seems like there are 3 sections....the tip, a small band and then a bigger band.....what is connected to what?

Thanks

Sorry, one more question.....

Can you explain how to connect up the stereo mini-jack, please? Seems like there are 3 sections....the tip, a small band and then a bigger band.....what is connected to what?

Thanks

Tip is Positive
Ring (small band) is Negative
Shield (bigger band) is Ground

Back
Top Bottom