Audio Dynamics speakers?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by kkib, Jun 24, 2003.

1. kkib

kkib Member

I got a pair of Audio Dynamics XT-6 bookshelf speakers last weekend at a garage sale. Does anybody have any information about this brand?
  2. mhardy6647

mhardy6647 AK Subscriber Subscriber

No, but...

... IIRC, ADC stands for "Audio Dynamics Corporation". Maybe the speakers in question are ADC's? Do a search on eBAY and see if anything turns up.
  3. Toasted Almond

Toasted Almond Ballbreaker Subscriber

Used to be made in Milford, Connecticut. They had a respectable line of speakers. In my opinion, the high point of ADC's speaker offerings was the ADC 303ax. 10" two-way acoustic suspension with a paper cone tweeter. It could compete with the KLH 6, or Advent Loudspeaker. I have a pair on my desk at work, driven by a Pioneer SA-9500. Some reviewers used the 303ax as their reference speakers well into the late 80's.

Your XT-6's don't show up in the '99 Blue Book. Neither do my 303ax's.

Almond, Toasted/MSgt, USAF
  4. CUlater

CUlater Member #287, thereabouts

Here's what info I have on y'all's speakers
  5. dderat

dderat Member

The store (Lechmere Sales) in whose audio department I worked in the mid 60's carried the ADC line. They were in the same bracket as those of Fisher, HH Scott and AR's. I liked them better. I don't recognize the ones pictured, tho.

Their TOTL phono cartridges were, IMHO, among the very best. I still use their XLM MK III and actually found a NOS replacement stylus for it (and a cartridge, too, which I bought, as it was only a few dollars more than the stylus) at the Whoodathunkit.