Audio-GD V 1.22 Software Driver will not Install

Zekeman

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I just received an Audio-GD NFB 3.32 USB DAC and I attempted many times to install the V 1.22 driver only to receive the message:

SETUP LOG: DATE 3-13-2013 TIME 22:45:47
Installed components :
None

Fail to Installed components :
Audio-gd USB Device Ver1.0

I know there are alot of Audio-GD fans here so I hope someone can provide some guidance and any and all help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

OK I managed to get the driver to install with the following procedure:

1. With laptop off, plug in usb cable and turn on the Audio-GD device

2. Use Audio-GD supplied USB cable (driver would not install for me unless I used the cable they sent me). It has the little inline thing that apparently filters interference or sometihing.

3. Reboot laptop after driver installs

With this accomplished I now have a couple issues:

3. The sound drops out, as if you unplugged the USB...this lasts for about 5 to 10 seconds and then seems to reconnect.

4. The application that the driver apparently installed on my desktop labeled "Audio-GD Deck" will not open. I thought this was supposed to be the "console" to make setting changes to the NFB 3.32

5. The Flavor button - can anyone define what the 9 different settings do? There are slight differences in sound but very slight at best.

Check out the user manual on the audio-gd website as it shows what the different filter settings do. The changes will certainly be subtle.

We're getting there but I still have drop-out issues....Kingwa at Audio-GD says to increase the buffer size in the Via ASIO software it installed.

I noticed that the console for the device (i.e. the black control panel...see pic) appears in the Windows system tray at the bottom right of your computer screen) and changes can be made here for the bit rate and kBps.

The "Flavor" button (with the bit rate set at 32 bits on the control panel) produces music only on settings 1 2 and 3 .... 4 through 9 are static. OK What I really want to know is what are the definitions of the settings? What changes do they make to the signal? Ideally I would like to know which is most pure...un changed. I have not been able to find this in the user manual.

Attachments

• AutGD 1.jpg
    AutGD 1.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
.............Update ...I have been changing settings.....the unit sounds good but I am having unacceptable dropouts.

Attached are the current settings....Kingwa from Audio-GD told me to increase the buffer size to eliminate dropouts....as you can see I maxed-out the setting...

Attachments

• Audio-GD 2.jpg
    Audio-GD 2.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 6
.............Update ...I have been changing settings.....the unit sounds good but I am having unacceptable dropouts.

Attached are the current settings....Kingwa from Audio-GD told me to increase the buffer size to eliminate dropouts....as you can see I maxed-out the setting...

I know it's been a while but was wondering if you ever got the issues resolved. I have the same problem trying to install the USB32 version 2 driver. Failed on two different laptops.

I never got it to work without the sound dropping out every few minutes. the sound would cut out for - say 3-5 seconds. Could not get it resolved so I sent it back and Kingwa stood behind his product with a refund.

I never got it to work without the sound dropping out every few minutes. the sound would cut out for - say 3-5 seconds. Could not get it resolved so I sent it back and Kingwa stood behind his product with a refund.

I can't even get it to install. Well, actually it installs but doesn't work and gives error messages. I sent an email to Kingwa and he offered to remote into my laptop and fix it. I'm not going that far with it, but you got to admit that is some really good customer service. I will keep trying to find the problem with installing this driver.

Back
Top Bottom