Audio Note AN-J's

Discussion in 'New Gear - Performance' started by cableguy, Mar 12, 2012.

1. cableguy

cableguy In Twang We Trust

These were quite a hit at the Fest...thank you everyone for all of the kind words.:thmbsp:

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Bigerik

Bigerik AK Subscriber Subscriber

I gotta say I loved all the Audio Notes I heard. Just incredibly musical speakers. You are a man to be envied!

BTW, were those your's that Keger was playing at 4AM. :)

3. cableguy

Ayup, that was them...:smoke: And...thanks to Keg, I can cross off "listening to Dio on the AN-Js from my bucket list..." :D

Thanks again for the Blue Rodeo hook up...listening now...so good!

Last edited: May 1, 2012
  4. Bigerik

lol

No problem, Bill. And I got plenty more coming for you!

5. RGA

RGA Super Member

When I covered CES 2010 - Peer Qvortrup was playing Nightwish, Slipknott, some death metal and the Evil Nine on the AN E (basically the bigger brother of the J) with his 20 watt Jinro.

It was comical how loud and how much bass the AN E was pumping out effortlessly into the room. With no distortion - the drivers barely moving.

Corner gain adds 12-18db to the bass and a few db to the sensitivity.

I am likely going to bring my AN J/SPes out to Hong Kong. The AN E is overkill for the apartment sizes here - the AN J is a little overkill to be frank but sound quality is difficult to beat if music is the first priority - I've heard some other speakers lately that do some things better but for whatever reason as a complete speaker to relax to something about them begins to fatigue me.

cheers,

6. cableguy

As an apartment dweller these are fantastic. They are almost, as you describe a little big even, but are hard to beat for their abilities.

7. Bigerik

There is something special about them that makes you forget about the gear and just listen to the music.

8. botrytis

botrytis Trying not to be a Small Speaker Hoarder Subscriber

Isn't that what Audio Karma is all about? :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

9. Redboy

Redboy a few good watts Subscriber

I dunno man, it seems we spend an awful lot of time discussing gear around here... :)

10. Kegger

Kegger R.I.P. 1/12/1966 - 6/1/2017 Super Mod Subscriber

Loved having your speakers in our room Bill,
    Thank you for making our room sound so good. :thmbsp:

11. jpa66

jpa66 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Man - all of the AN gear that I've heard is really, really nice. I just wish that it wasn't so damned expensive...

12. RGA

RGA Super Member

Yeah the prices are high - unfortunately when it's hand built in England with British wages and unions and medical and overhead it's going to be an X factor higher than other gear.

Still, AN does make some affordable stuff - the AX Two loudspeaker carries a list of $1200 US but used $500ish. These are excellent loudspeakers - They were designed by Andy Whittle (Rogers LS-3/5a fame and Celestion) for Audio Note and they're very much like AN J mini-me's). I own both the AX Two and the AN J/Spe. The I zero integrated is very good and under $2500 (arguably the best under $2500 amp I've heard).

And the Non oversampling CD replay IMO is without equal and comes at sane prices (better prices with a kit). Though I'm less of a fan of the speakers as kits because they can't be properly matched like the production models.

13. richardl

richardl New Member