Audio Snob

How much money did you spend on main rig?

• Under $500

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • $501-$1000

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • $1001-$2000

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • $2001-$3000

• $3001-$5000

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • $5001-$8000

• $8001-$10000

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • $10,001-$15,000

• Over $15,000

• Nobody's business

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wireworm5

Audiophile
I think I am turning into an audio snob. I spent alot of cash on my rig and I guess I kinda look down on someone who hasn't got what I got. Not only that people at work that know me just don't get it. It seems nobody who's not into audio seems to grasp the intimacy we audiophiles have with our gear and music.
So lets have it how much cash do you have invested in your main rig. This includes Ht, tv, cables, room treatment, computers for editing or streaming, speakers, amps,etc.
You don't have to list personally what you paid. Afterall there maybe BE artists lurking. :para:

Last edited:
man, I love good sound! The better the sound, the better!

I follow you about other people not "getting it" I know many that say they like music but, how could they on BPC? Guess I'm turnin' into a snob myself (maybe already was and just didn't know it :D) I've been lucky with my audio scores so my systems' grand total comes to a whopping $1070CDN, all contained in my signature.

Well this may be a bit pointless for some. I scrounge my stuff, so what I've PAID for it pales when compared to what I ca SELL it for.

My main rig featuring a set of Klipsch La Scalas, Thorens TD-160 TT, Pioneer RT-1020L RTR. HK 430 receiver, Toshiba SD-3960 DVD/CD player and a bunch of Dbx equipment, including a 3BX, cost me less than $500.

Try to snag a set of La Scalas alone for that price!! :no:

My spending on our main rig was mainly in the Polk Monitor 7Bs and the Rega Planar 2 because I bought them new, also the DVD player and Cassette player. The Yamaha 2020 was paid for by my eBay dealings - buy them broken cheap, fix them up and sell them high. The bedroom system and shop system were all bought this way and don't owe me a nickle.

Rob

I'm like Andyman, I scrounge mostly and it works well for me. That's not to say that I haven't overspent on some things but the less I can get it for, the more I can audition. Anybody have some extra room that I can use?? Bob

It is pointless to try and talk to some people about our passion. These people will never get it because most believe what marketing tells them to(i.e. Bose waveradio)

I also think the poll is somewhat useless. My 717 stuff was bought 28 years ago. Most of the rest was bought second/third hand recently at far below current value, and far far below retail for the newer stuff.

Accounting for inflation is easy, there are on line converters, but against what? MSRP?

Factored that way my main system alone would cost today, 12-15K, I have far less in ALL my gear, recent of older: under 4K

Sorry its a rubber ruler... :sigh:

The snobitry question is one of attitude. Positive or negative...

I have to say, based on the ripping comments in the "What gear do you HATE?" thread, is we are all snobs, in relation to the gear we dislike...

OK I admit I don't have $6,000 of my money in it (only $200), if I put it all up for sale I could get about $6000, being mostly McIntosh the value will go up if I keep it in mint condition.

everything in home entertainment gear i own was given up for dead by someone else.that includes the 40"mitsubishi direct view, 3 fisher 400's
various vcr's dvd,speakers,ect.
now that the word is out folks bring in the stuff for repair or to just get rid of it.woke up one morning a few weeks ago to find a g8000 on my porch with a note saying you might get some parts from it.
boy was the person who left it shocked to see it playing when they came to get their laptop they brought in for a spyware sweep.

Back
Top Bottom