1. Welcome to the new server. If you would like to help out with the cost of the new server, check out the thread "Audiokarma's server needs your help" in AK NEWS.
    Dismiss Notice

Audio Technica Studio Reference 8008 for $10

Discussion in 'Turntables' started by wizargoz, Mar 16, 2008.

1. wizargoz

wizargoz Super Member

So- what are the odds of finding this for $12.99 (with 20% off) at the Goodwill today? First- and probably the last- time I'll see a decent TT cartridge at a thrift store- nice price too! Playing it right now- and it sounds mighty fine. Not quite as detailed as my AT440MLa, but it seems to punch up the 60's psychedelic rock LP's better. I like it! :thmbsp:

Attached Files:

2. kbs48

kbs48 Active Member

Those are very rare good find,last one I saw went for 160.00.I use one for my CD-4 LP's and it needed a breakin period it will only get better.AKA AT331LP

3. SA-708

SA-708 Appalachian-American Subscriber

Is that a p-mount?

4. hakaplan

hakaplan Needs professional help

That's an amazing score! Absolutely a winner. And yes, SA-708, it is p-mount.

5. lini

lini just me...

wizargos: Completely new old stock or already used? If it's the former, I'm jealous - if the latter, not so much, as I've recently scored a NOS Ortofon 320U on the bay for 6 Euro. ;) That's also a "universal mount" (i.e., a T4P/P-Mount that comes with additional half-inch-adaptor), but with a nude FineLine instead of the bonded LinearContact needle on the AT331LP/8008...

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

6. arrow 68

arrow 68 Super Member

:thmbsp: