Audiodon has left us...

LexDM3

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I wanted to let Don's many friends and fans in the AK community know that Don died peacefully yesterday surrounded by family and friends including friends from AK. Don was diagnosed with ALS in April of 2015. He maintained his social energy, sense of humor, love and concern for others, and love of music right to the end.

=================================================
Service for Don on Sat, Jan. 27: A service for Don will be held on Saturday, January 27, 2018 at 2:00PM.

First Parish Unitarian Church
630 Massachusetts Ave.
Arlington, MA 02476

All are invited. Please spread the word to any AK people who might want to attend. An AK member will speak about Don during the service.
=================================================

Every day, including yesterday, he listened to the music he loved on his Fisher tube systems that he and Dave Gillespie had restored and improved. Most of what he listened to came from the large and fabulous digital music library that AKer Stephanie put on Don's Sony digital server. Don loved his family, his friends, his music, and the Audiokarma community. I was always amazed at how many AK people he considered to be good friends and how many of them he kept in touch with regularly. A number of his AK friends visited Don during his illness. He really enjoyed those visits.

Let us all fire up our systems (tubes if you have them), put on some good music, raise a glass and toast audiodon, a wonderful member of our Audiokarma community.

Last edited:
AK member AudioDon has passed after putting up a strong fight against ALS. I believe in giving people their flowers while they are alive and I hope I was able to properly Thank Don for his perspective, humor and Passion for Audio in the times we've spoken and communicated since he announced his diagnosis.

Godspeed to you on your journey Don.

Dang. He was one of the good ones -- and knowing it was coming doesn't make it any easier.
You were there,were you? That's nice to hear.

RIP Don. I recognize the name, didn't know him personally. I was just reading about some neurological diseases this morning. Woody Guthrie with Huntington's Disease, Lead Belly with ALS. Hopefully we make some progress in treating these neurological diseases.

Back
Top Bottom