Audiodon has left us...

I only knew him through his posts here. but obviously Don had many good friends here and that says it all for me. RIP Don - condolences to your friends and family.

@LexDM3 I’m sure Dana, Dorothy and Lilah would love to read this. I’ve been occasionally lurking these forums to read some of my dad’s posts and comments for a few years now. I’m so glad he made an impression on this community, he truly loved it and met some wonderful friends here. I remember him talking about Frankenfest and how much he looked forward to it. Thank you all for the kind words and an extra special thank you to Dan and Stephanie for being amazing humans.
So sorry for your loss.
He welcomed me at my first Frankenfest as though we knew each other for years.
Not my pic, but myself standing on the left, and others listening to Don talking about his system, tubes and how to set up speakers.
Audio Don my first Frankenfest..jpg

@LexDM3 I’m sure Dana, Dorothy and Lilah would love to read this. I’ve been occasionally lurking these forums to read some of my dad’s posts and comments for a few years now. I’m so glad he made an impression on this community, he truly loved it and met some wonderful friends here. I remember him talking about Frankenfest and how much he looked forward to it. Thank you all for the kind words and an extra special thank you to Dan and Stephanie for being amazing humans.

I had the opportunity to met him in person 5 years ago in the thanksgiving day where he opened his home to me with Dana and his Daughters. And talked and expend a good time talking about life, vacuum tubes amps and family during 2 days, where also told me that you @daugherofad was the apple of their eyes. I would like to be there in Arlington to company the Vieweg’s Family.

Te voy a extrañar mucho Don, descansa en Paz amigo. :angel:

Very sad to hear, he's in a better place and prayers for him and his family. Don was a inspiration to all of us. RIP to our good friend.

It saddens me greatly to hear this. Don was a fixture at the FrankenFests for many years. He was extremely helpful to me when I gave a seminar on turntables at one of the shows, and was always nice to talk to. I bought a few things from him over the years, including an original metal cabinet for a Fisher tuner, and one of his lovely home-made cables. I have a set of used 7868 tubes which I was planning to trade him for the Fisher cabinet; I hope to figure out a way to honor his memory using them. RIP, Don. :(
-Adam

Sorry about the outburst in post #3 (Edited out). With my wife passing 3 months ago and now Don, I'm a little down.

My condolences to his friends and family. May he rest in peace. Memorial service is in Arlington Va? (Not Arlington TX) Correct?

Sad news indeed. While I never knew him, his presence here made you feel like you did know him. He weighed in on so many threads and always with good advice. Any time a hobby loses a contributor like this, we all lose...

All the best to his family.

Back
Top Bottom