Audiokarma has a new look and feel

Honestly guys I miss the old AK.Just doesn't feel the same anymore.

You've been driving the same car for nine years. Now you have a new one with some of the same features and some brand new ones.:banana: It takes a while to get everything set just right. Enjoy the ride!:)

idea:

could u put a function on the red subscriber-bar? Showing my subscription time left when i hover with mouse over it - and maybe a link to subscription page?

Last edited:
Things I'm missing:

1. "Friends" instead of "Followers"
2. Display of location on the right above
3. Display of post count on the right above
4. List of the threads I started
5. No edit time limit.
6. Delete feature
7. Complete list of the new posts
8. Album
9. Members List (not just the first 20...)
10. Thread post count
... and some more.

ALL of these things I still get on PC. I know that the new AK was unavoidable. But doing without so many features I liked so much is bitter. I am subscriber until February 2020. I have about 23000 posts now but I fear that the time of busy posting is coming to an end.

Last edited:
Sad to hear you might not be so busy posting Chris as I've always enjoyed your posts. But give it time... don't be too hasty my friend :thumbsup:

Need to pin this to the top of every page.
vB was no longer supporting 3.xx versions. Security holes big enough to drive a truck through. Remember the postcount issues? High poster had 4 billion posts? Those were early stages of hackers learning how to make inroads into vB. The situation continued to worsen, affecting nearly everything about the site. We tried to keep the site clean, and running at acceptable levels, but it was a losing proposition. vB 4 and 5 seemed to be more of the same, according to big sites that tried them. Getting support from vB was like pulling teeth, so, in order to protect your info, and ours, here we are, running with XenForo.

When it came time to install, we had the choice of shutting down for an extended period of time, until the conversion was complete, or shutting down for the minimum few days required, and make the rest of the changes on a 'rolling' basis. In other words, stay running while we configure, tweak, etc., even though we anticipated it would take longer. We chose this to try to please all the members who come here for all the various reasons. Shortest downtime, even though we are dealing with many settings that need to be configured. Getting all of that put to bed is a decidedly non-trivial exercise.

You, Wardsweb, and all of the others, have my full understanding and support.

Posting this in a conspicuous place, as mentioned earlier, may not be a bad idea even though it should no longer be necessary.

I have no idea of the workload behind the scenes, but every one of those on your list Chris, are ones that I would wish for to a greater or lesser degree.

AK will be so much the less without your cheerful presence.

Im trying but loosing desire to visit. Im a no loss type of poster but sharing info and CHASING threads as I still get no Alerts and they 10 most recent posts are not working as threads get buried fast !

I've been away a few days. I am no longer getting email alerts as I did the first couple of weeks. Oddly even after I've checked my settings...and "yes" my settings are still as they should be to receive alerts, and I have the alert status at the top of the page...

Fran

It was mentioned earlier that to view a users post count, click on the users name. Is "messages" the post count?

I find I've having trouble seeing new posts from my own posts. I have searched but not quite found an answer.

As we know, we don't see our own threads in the "New Posts" list, because "we've been there".

But if I goto "My Content" and start clicking on my threads (as there's no indication of unread posts in this particular list), I'll find posts that I haven't seen in the "New Posts" list. Now, it's possible they are buried on page 8 or something, or maybe... not sure.

I always click on the "Alerts" when I see them, but I'm sure the posts I'm talking about didn't trigger an alert either.

Hmmm, I do access AK on about 3 diff PC's and often leave tabs open on each...

I find I've having trouble seeing new posts from my own posts. I have searched but not quite found an answer.

As we know, we don't see our own threads in the "New Posts" list, because "we've been there".

But if I goto "My Content" and start clicking on my threads (as there's no indication of unread posts in this particular list), I'll find posts that I haven't seen in the "New Posts" list. Now, it's possible they are buried on page 8 or something, or maybe... not sure.

I always click on the "Alerts" when I see them, but I'm sure the posts I'm talking about didn't trigger an alert either.

Hmmm, I do access AK on about 3 diff PC's and often leave tabs open on each...

I'm not sure what you are asking , but I will try . At the top , click on members , then click on Recent Activity .

I'm not sure what you are asking , but I will try . At the top , click on members , then click on Recent Activity .

Yeah, it was hard to describe so early in the morning. I'll try to keep closer track "mentally" and maybe I'll either see what I'm doing wrong or be able to more accurately describe the issue.
For example, I did get the alert for your post. But I'm sure I don't get alerts for all the responses in threads I've posted to.

EDIT:
Here's a thread I posted to this morning. Several replies but nothing showed up in my Alerts.
Maybe I need to look up what triggers the alert, I can't see anything different in the threads, neither is "watched".
http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/in...on-a-c-power-cords.689106/page-3#post-9221170

Last edited:
Question for the new format. Using the prior forum format you could view your posts/responses by clicking your name then statistics "view your posts." Is there an easy way to do that with this format? Also, what happened to post counts?

Back
Top Bottom