Audiokarma helping families for the holidays

I can't thank you all enough. You all make me proud to be a member of Audiokarma.

Another way to raise money besides pure donations might be to allow auctions on Barter Town IF a percentage of sale goes towards donation. To increase the base, regular AK members (non-subscribers) might be allowed to participate in these auctions.

As a starter, I would offer for such an auction my Nakamichi TA-2A receiver that is for sale now. If it will be sold, 10% of the final price will be donated to support needy families this Christmas.

Another way to raise money besides pure donations might be to allow auctions on Barter Town IF a percentage of sale goes towards donation. To increase the base, regular AK members (non-subscribers) might be allowed to participate in these auctions.

I thought about that too, however up at post 36 it would appear that Grumpy wants to wrap this up by 7 to 10 days past 11-28-09, so there isn't much time.... You could certainly ask.

Last edited:
I thought about that too, however up at post 36 it would appear that Grumpy wants to wrap this up by 7 to 10 days past 11-28-09, so there isn't much time.... You could certainly ask.

Figuring we collected donations till around the 9th or 10th, its going to take me at least a week to shop for these families. Then we hope to deliver the gifts about a week prior to Xmas.

If by chance more funds come in after our deadline, we can still donate these directly to VOA, who will be happy to sponsor more families up till the last minute. Thanks

Grumpy

This is some great AK stuff!
Happy Holidays to everyone!
Jim

Although I'm late to the party (as usual) sent via Paypal. Terrific initiative. Happy holidays.

For info on the families check out the thead "Update AK helping families for the holidays"

Merry Christmas....via PayPal :D

Thank you Dave and Nancy for your time and effort with this wonderful cause each year! May you have a healthy and happy new year :thmbsp:

Mike

I can't say I've ever seen more of a a pair of such classy people! A little something on the way. You both are the greatest for helping others so much!

We are still accepting donations to help our adopted families up until December 13 at 6:00 PM eastern time.

Again thank you all for your help in helping us spread some holiday cheer.

Grumpy

What the heck... one more time... paypal coming your way! This makes Hanukkah, Christmas, Kwanzaa, whatever, very special. Most everyone has no idea when or where they (we) may be on the receiving end of such kindness.

At our house it feels an awful lot like we are the ones getting a huge blessing out of this... so, Thank You both, again!

Thank you sir.

Only two more days to donate. Thanks

grumpy

Today is the last day to donate. I will be calling Volunteers of America with AK's donation today.

My wife should be posting a final report on all the holiday cheer our members helped to spread. Thank you all.

Grumpy

Back
Top Bottom