Audiokarma's server needs your help

I tried posting on General Audio. I received the following error. "You don't have permission to access /forums/index.php on this server." I am a subscriber.

This just happened today - after the site came back up on the new servers.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:
I don't know you and vice versa. I do see you've been on here for a few years and an active member which is great. With that said, I just paid for your yearly membership to be a subscriber. $$ sent over to AK. Enjoy the benefits of being a subscriber and thanks for being apart of AK.

Thank you so much, that is very generous of you, I've been wanting to become a subscriber for a long time, but there seemed to always be unexpected expenses that got in the way.
I very much appreciate your kindness. :)

Tracy

My wife and I pretty much live hand to mouth, but I'm sure I can scrape together $25 for a subscription because I love AK and i'm here every day, I have not asked for help yet, but I may need it one day.

I pledge to become a subscriber by the end of this month.
I wish I could do more to help.

Tracy

I've been out of work for 10 months, due to a back injury, and I know the feeling. I've lost 30 pounds, over the last few months, from being too broke to buy daily food. While I appreciate the weight loss, and that it's helping my back, being hungry on a daily basis isn't fun. Nothing romantic about it. As such, be sure to search your area for food pantries. I finally found one near my home, and it's been awesome! Very generous, supportive people, willing to help those in need. Most of the food was donated from local grocery store chains, and has been no different that what I would have typically purchased myself, when times were better. Be sure to look. It can be a literal life saver!

Good luck. :)

Just found this, a link to Ontario food pantries. Don't be too proud to go!

http://www.homelessshelterdirectory.org/cgi-bin/id/cityfoodbanks.cgi?city=Ontario&state=CA

Last edited:
OK, now that I am a subscriber is there somewhere on the site that explains the benefits? I can see some new content. Are there other perks?

I've been out of work for 10 months, due to a back injury, and I know the feeling. I've lost 30 pounds, over the last few months, from being too broke to buy daily food. While I appreciate the weight loss, and that it's helping my back, being hungry on a daily basis isn't fun. Nothing romantic about it. As such, be sure to search your area for food pantries. I finally found one near my home, and it's been awesome! Very generous, supportive people, willing to help those in need. Most of the food was donated from local grocery store chains, and has been no different that what I would have typically purchased myself, when times were better. Be sure to look. It can be a literal life saver!

Good luck. :)

Just found this, a link to Ontario food pantries. Don't be too proud to go!

http://www.homelessshelterdirectory.org/cgi-bin/id/cityfoodbanks.cgi?city=Ontario&state=CA

I hear you man, it sounds like you are having a rough time, just remember, for every low in life there is always a high just around the corner.
My wife and I volunteer at the local food bank, she go's every week and I look after there computers when they have issues, and yes there have been times when we have had to use the food bank and the volunteering makes us feel good. I hope your back gets better soon so you can ride the high that is just around the corner! :)

I hear you man, it sounds like you are having a rough time, just remember, for every low in life there is always a high just around the corner.
My wife and I volunteer at the local food bank, she go's every week and I look after there computers when they have issues, and yes there have been times when we have had to use the food bank and the volunteering makes us feel good. I hope your back gets better soon so you can ride the high that is just around the corner! :)

Good Man! And thanks for the kind words. It's very appreciated!

I'll admit, it's been tough. Mainly due to hits to my pride. I'm the type of husband, that wants to be 100% supportive to his family. Provide for everything, as much as I can. Be the do everything, help everyone type. But, being injured has stopped that. Plus, being beyond broke, and asking for help, just goes against my nature. I want to be the one helping, not the one needing help. So, it took a wile for me to approach a food pantry, though I'm glad that I did. Some truly great people there. No looks of "why is he here, he doesn't look like he needs help?" Just great volunteers like you, wanting to give back! Awesome!

Oh yea, the new server seems very sweet! Quick and responsive. No issues, so far! Thanks for the upgrade. And when I get a regular paycheck again, I'll have to send some cash the AK way! Need to give back some Karma. :hug:

Good Man! And thanks for the kind words. It's very appreciated!

I'll admit, it's been tough. Mainly due to hits to my pride. I'm the type of husband, that wants to be 100% supportive to his family. Provide for everything, as much as I can. Be the do everything, help everyone type. But, being injured has stopped that. Plus, being beyond broke, and asking for help, just goes against my nature. I want to be the one helping, not the one needing help. So, it took a wile for me to approach a food pantry, though I'm glad that I did. Some truly great people there. No looks of "why is he here, he doesn't look like he needs help?" Just great volunteers like you, wanting to give back! Awesome!

Denten is passing on his winning subscription in my thread, and we're making StimpyWan the recipient of it. :)

Denten is passing on his winning subscription in my thread, and we're making StimpyWan the recipient of it. :)

Hey, I didn't come here to get all teary eyed! So, why am I??? :oops:

Plus, I wasn't trying to elicit sympathy; just giving an example, from personal experience, that might help out a fellow member in need! But, this just goes to show what a great place AK is, and how nice all the members are! Truly appreciated, and Thanks to Denton, 4-2-7, and AK for this surprise! :)

Now, this better not end up costing me money, now that I can see Barter Town again! :eek::rant::D

Hey, I didn't come here to get all teary eyed! So, why am I??? :oops:

Plus, I wasn't trying to elicit sympathy; just giving an example, from personal experience, that might help out a fellow member in need! But, this just goes to show what a great place AK is, and how nice all the members are! Truly appreciated, and Thanks to Denton, 4-2-7, and AK for this surprise! :)

Now, this better not end up costing me money, now that I can see Barter Town again! :eek::rant::D

I told you there was a high just around the corner! :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom