Audioquest Evergreen interconnects.

goodolpg

Just an old fart trying to help.
Subscriber
Just ordered some.
Anyone have them?
Any opinions about them?
Google had a little info but not much.

Having been quite pleased with the Audioquest Type 4 speaker wire I bought a few months ago I thought I'd give some Audioquest interconnects a shot.

Thanks for your impressions Celt.
If that's "all" they do (neither add nor subtract) then one can't ask for much more.

I got them and they are in the system, have not listened enough to form a judgement yet.

In the past I ran Audioquest IC's. Started out with the Copperhead - a nice sub $100 IC (back then it was, not sure on price now). I then upgraded that to a King Cobra ($200+) and liked it better than the Copperhead.

Over time I tried so many different brands of cables....even DIY which I will never do again - fun, but too time consuming for me.

One day read a review on the JPS Labs products and thought I would give the Ultraconductor a try since it was priced similar to the King Cobra. Found I liked the JPS Labs better than the King Cobra. I now run all JPS Labs for my 2 Channel path (IC and Speaker).

But remember with cables (IC, Speaker, Power) different products can interact with equipment differently, and each of us has our way we want our music to sound. So try out many different cables in your rig and find the one you like in the budget you can afford. Run what you like - not what others are telling you to use.

FYI for power cords I prefer Shunyata and DH Labs.

I was never a cable makes a difference believer until I bought some used Audioquest type 4 at a garage sale last summer. It did make a difference.
So I thought I'd try some Audioquest interconnects.
I know the evergreen is bottom of the line but figure it should be better than the Monster interconnects I was using. Time will tell I guess.

Bottom of the line for some name brand stuff is a great place to start. Been there done that. Enjoy the new sound of your rig.

Well, no matter what the reviewer said, I like mine.
They are neutral, whereas I found the Kimber PBJ's and Tara Labs I tried, imparted their own sonic signatures.

In the past I ran Audioquest IC's. Started out with the Copperhead - a nice sub $100 IC (back then it was, not sure on price now). I then upgraded that to a King Cobra ($200+) and liked it better than the Copperhead.

The Copperheads were among the first quality interconnects I tried, they were about $40 per meter pair six years ago. My issue with those was the extremely tight-fitting RCA connectors. Way too much grip.

I'd like to hear from the OP again if he has developed an opinion on the Evergreens yet.

They seem to be nice and clean.
I've seen it mentioned online that they are lean (bass shy), that is not the case here.
If there is bass present in the source material it is present in the speaker output.
I've used both old familiar recordings and "new to me" recordings, and I can only say that they deliver clean sound.
I didn't notice a change like the one I heard when I added the type 4's to my system.
The connections are snug but not death grippy.
My system is mid-fi at best. In a higher resolving system differences might be more apparent.

Audioquest make some great cables. As Celt said they don't add anything to the mix, and that's exactly what you want out of cables. I own USB, Speaker, and RCA, and XLR cables from AQ and I couldn't be happier with them.

Jimmy

The only AQ I own is an optical cable from my Zune docking station to the TubeDAC11, it does not add anything to the digital signal. But the signal is clearer when compared to the stock optical cable Grant Fidelity includes.

They seem to be nice and clean.
I've seen it mentioned online that they are lean (bass shy), that is not the case here.
If there is bass present in the source material it is present in the speaker output.
I've used both old familiar recordings and "new to me" recordings, and I can only say that they deliver clean sound.
I didn't notice a change like the one I heard when I added the type 4's to my system.
The connections are snug but not death grippy.
My system is mid-fi at best. In a higher resolving system differences might be more apparent.

Thanks for the report. Their motto is "do no harm," so that's in line with your comments. Some years ago I had the fortune to own a pair of their Colorado interconnects, which had a similar "hands off" character, and also resulted in what I perceived as a "bigger" sound overall, if that makes sense. But I'm getting kind of off-topic.

I friend of mine was going on about the "great" cables he bought.
"The bass and treble these things offer is awesome! Those others must have rolled that stuff off!"
I went over there with my AQ's, a frequency generator and a SPL meter. There wasn't anything wrong with his old cables or my AQ's...
but his new *gee whiz* cables sucked out part of the mid-band making the bass and treble seeming more pronounced.

I use older AQ cables in my HT and main 2 channel systems. The Evergreen is a newer model. I have G-Snake, Sidewinder and Diamondback ICs, NRG-1, -1.5 and -2 power cables, YIQ-A and YIQ-X component video cables, and a VDM-3 digital cable. I like them all. I have not tried their speaker cables. I use DIY cables that a local tech makes, except for the Analysis Plus bi-wire cables in my main system. I want to try the AQ Forest USB cable from my laptop to my TubeDAC-09 in my second system, but haven't gotten the chance to stop by the local dealer yet.

Edit: Called my dealer and ordered a AQ Forest USB cable today. Thanks to this thread for reminding me.

Last edited:
Tonight I was listening to Steve Millers greatest hits.
Songs I've heard hundreds of times before.
What struck me was on many of his songs the drummer was using some very "trashy" sounding cymbals. Never heard that before.
Not sure if the new cables can take the credit or if I was just listening "better".

I am in the process of upgrading my entire system.

Before I found this site, I never even thought of cables. I ordered a few sets of Evergreens to go with my new stuff. Probably a good place to start.

Back
Top Bottom