Audirvana Plus for Windows 10

orsen

Jukebox Hero
Subscriber
i've been a jriver fan for sometime, and have no calms paying for software that does what i need.
foobar too me is second .. free great ... easy to configure ... kinda
newest or best plugin to do what you want ... well it turns into a guessing game ... until eventualy foobar is foobared

Audirvana Plus has often been hyped as the best thing for mac
its now availabe for windows
been watching the promised software for sometime
its finally here
15 day free trial
anyone tried it?
i will wait until the weekend and give it a go

no afill to either company
just looking for the best software for a multi use pc

I'll toss my 2 cents in. I own JRiver 24 and also bought a license for Audirvana for Windows.

JRiver has far more features and allows the use of plugins. Audirvana says they will also offer plugin support soon. Between the two, I'd say JRiver offers more for your money. But Audirvana is a really clean simple music player. I bounce between the two because I like to change things up now and again.

BTW, both sound identical when running bitperfect.

You could always try Media Monkey or Music Bee. They are both free and they both have a lot of the same features that JRiver has. However, some are implemented quite differently. For me a major negative is that JRiver treats all compilations as a bunch of a bunch of separate recordings neither of these do.

Both Media Monkey and Music Bee support WASAPI and ASIO. They both IMO have a much more user friendly interface than Foobar. Below is Music Bee.

upload_2018-8-12_16-57-40.png

just getting to audio nirvana today
so far i am liking it
it sounds good
it shows the bit rate playing
it does it auto
its not sending errors about bit rates and and sample rates, like jriver sometime does, its not asking to change sample rates or to go to dsp to change settings
it does it on its own
its not asking about .jpeg or vid files

but........................

it keeps crashing trying to index a terrabyte of flac and dsd
some of that is my fault .. 2 or 3 different versions of the same album some titled differently than others ... brackets yrs titles ect ect
i may like this better than jriver
but i have to get my library set up better

i have no use for video crap, and that seems to be where jriver is going ... kinda like windows mc
dont need it, dont want it

hope i have time to set this up before trial ends [ only 2 weeks]
music bee is for my bluetooth stuff, and pairs flawlessly, for when i want outside or another room

vlc is for her and all video,mp3, youtube, tv ect ect

I'll toss my 2 cents in. I own JRiver 24 and also bought a license for Audirvana for Windows.

JRiver has far more features and allows the use of plugins. Audirvana says they will also offer plugin support soon. Between the two, I'd say JRiver offers more for your money. But Audirvana is a really clean simple music player. I bounce between the two because I like to change things up now and again.

BTW, both sound identical when running bitperfect.

i will likely buy a license for nirvana
i need to straighten my library

MediaMonkey and MusicBee here.

Users on the MB forum report that it happily copes with collections in excess of one million tracks.

I still use Winamp and sometimes BSplayer. I organize my own collection in folders named by me. I do not want a program to do anything to or with my files.

Don't see much point in a Windows offering when the only remote control available is an iPad or iPhone.
Unless I'm missing something on their website, it appears that A+ is only for iProducts, pretty much disregarding the budget Android tablet as a remote.

Don't see much point in a Windows offering when the only remote control available is an iPad or iPhone.
Unless I'm missing something on their website, it appears that A+ is only for iProducts, pretty much disregarding the budget Android tablet as a remote.
I don’t see a problem. Surely a significant portion of the 1 billion iPhones and 400 million iPads made are used by PC users. If Audirvana for Windows takes off an Android version won’t be far behind.

it works
it sounds as good as jriver
its not as friendly, imho,
it never did manage to tag everything with out crashing
it did handle compilations better than jriver

i will be sticking with jriver

maybe try again in a yr, it is a new product after all

Back
Top Bottom