Aurex (Toshiba) mini System 15, c.1980

chestnut

Hi
Does anyone remember the high end kit that Toshiba produced under the name of Aurex in the early 1980's? The top system comprised four separate mini components, plus some additional options. Having just laid my hands on one of these, what I'm after are user and service manuals for the models listed below. Can anyone help please with originals/scans etc!

ST-F15 - FM digital Tuner
ST-T10 - AM/FM analogue Tuner
SY-C15 - Preamp
SC-m15 - Power amp
PD-C15 - tape deck
AD-15 - Dynamic range expander unit
AT-12 - Timer unit

* edited by moderator *

Oh yes, and if you want a reminder of what these all look like, follow this link: http://www.hifi-studio.de/hifi-klassiker/toshiba_1980.htm

Many thanks
David

Last edited by a moderator:
The styling is great on those. Probably fairly obscure, someone may have something about them though.

Which piece(s) have you gotten so far? Preamp and amp?

I have owned about 10 or more of these little beauties, and have a fully restored set, and have cleaned/tuned up a number of them. I've got the service and owners manuals. They really are built extremely well, and are great performers.

I currently have a silver setup in my bedroom, but have owned many of both the black and silver sets. Used to run a pair of them amps biamping a pair of NHT Classic 4's, sounded awesome!

I came across one of these full systems a couple of years, not sure which system # and thought about it, passed and then said b/c of the size and how it looked and felt plus the asking price it was worth buying and throwing it on the shelf for a time that I might want an executive mini system. Went back the next day and of course went home empty handed. As I've said in the past sometimes out just need to jump and worry about whether you got a deal later.

I've got the pre-amp, poweramp, digital FM tuner, and tape deck at the moment, and have just come across a dynamic range expander unit which I hope to buy. I'm still looking for the timer unit and an analogue tuner so that I can get AM reception as well. I used to have system 12 when I was a kid, so this (system 15) is an upgraded bit of nostalgia for me, and I thought I would collect the rest of the components to boot!

I have owned about 10 or more of these little beauties, and have a fully restored set, and have cleaned/tuned up a number of them. I've got the service and owners manuals. They really are built extremely well, and are great performers.

I currently have a silver setup in my bedroom, but have owned many of both the black and silver sets. Used to run a pair of them amps biamping a pair of NHT Classic 4's, sounded awesome!

Wait ahhh, I say, I sayyy... wait a second there Bombster. Don't tell me you have owned *10* complete Aurex 15 minis?

I had a Sony like that I bought in Saudi Arabia in 1980 just about...great stuff!

Yes, I have owned roughly 10 Toshiba System 15's. They come and go, depending on my wants/needs. I'll always have a special place in my heart/system for them :)

I ran across one of the analog tuners at a thrift last weekend. Labeled Toshiba instead of aurex. It was cheap. Couple of bucks and it works fine. I had not looked into it but I assumed it was part of some type of mini system. Nice looking stuff. How was the sound quality from these components? Were there any speakers made with them?

Yes, I have owned roughly 10 Toshiba System 15's. They come and go, depending on my wants/needs. I'll always have a special place in my heart/system for them :)

Wow! Thats' a lot. Probably no one else out there has had that many. I've been looking to use one as a bedroom setup for quite a while but none have turned up locally thus far. Good to know they live up to the hype.

I restored the pre and power amp combo for someone here on AK a few years ago. Pretty straightforward, except you have to be careful with the sizing of capacitors, since space is a premium inside here.

Lee.

Back
Top Bottom