Authentic BIG ?

Infinity nutcase.
Saw this at a local auction, had to have it. Won the bid and it's here now. I did some research and it looks like it might be authentic, if it's really his sig I'm keeping it. And Yes I am a fan.

Here's a pic, what do you guys think ?
IMG_1986.JPG

I think there are better ways to have that authenticated than a message board. I think it would be worth it.

Probably is. I have picked up autographed CD's at the GoodWill store before. Only ever paid a buck for them no less. A few weeks ago I saw a CD signed by one of the young female artist that the teenager crowd adore, forget what artist it was. Anyway, I asked the young girl at the cash register if she was a fan because it was autographed. She said no so I just stuck it back on the pile.
A lot of artist before they make it really big play at smaller venues and routinely autograph recordings. Somewhere I have a CD that John Mayer signed for me when my brother took me to see him at Eddies Attic in Atlanta.

BillWojo

I don't know how you'd get it authenticated but that would be really cool if it was his sig. I've been a big fan since back in the day. I went through my teens in the late 80's/early 90's and this was part of the music we all listened to.

According to some stuff i just read on the google your autograph has all the signs of being authentic. Considering that this could be worth $1000 or more, I would say its absolutely worth having it authenticated. PSA/DNA is the only way to go. Visit the PSA website and look into it.

I definitely like some rap, most I couldn't tell you. Stuff my boys turned me onto that I rarely if ever hear on the radio, maybe late nite college radio. Just for fun I'm going to take it up to pawn stars. Would have to be one hell of an offer to pry this from me if it's his signature. It's almost surreal having it.

What an amazing find if it's real. I've got quite a few signed records that have come in job lots I bought, only one I remember is a Troggs 12" and also a huge framed Led Zep poster signed by JP.

Thanks Dazaa, I humbly agree. I sent pics to the kids last night, they all think it's amazing and the youngest boy texts me back with the No Fing Way ! How in the Hell did I find it. I'm going to run it up to the pawn shop, then to the PSA deal to have it authenticated

Whatever is recommended to have it framed and preserved if it's real and I'll pass it on to him when that day comes.

Thanks Dazaa, I humbly agree. I sent pics to the kids last night, they all think it's amazing and the youngest boy texts me back with the No Fing Way ! How in the Hell did I find it. I'm going to run it up to the pawn shop, then to the PSA deal to have it authenticated

Whatever is recommended to have it framed and preserved if it's real and I'll pass it on to him when that day comes.

I'm curious aboit what they might offer. I doubt they will offer anything until its authenticated, but hey you might be asked to be on the show!

Well, it's been sold before -

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/notorious-autographed-hypnotize-promo-290983690

notorios-autographed-hypnotize-promo_1_29866abfd6e097c4d30dca35d17f1ac4.jpg

notorious-autographed-hypnotize-promo_1_29866abfd6e097c4d30dca35d17f1ac4.jpg

Well I'll be damned......soundmotor that's just freaking cool ! Really makes me wonder who the private collector was, why he sold it and how it ended up at the auction here and why it hasn't been authenticated. I was just readng anything signed after March 9th 1997 is definetly fake. The label date is 1997 so to me that's possibly suspect.

I'm going the extra mile with this so updates will be forthcoming.

OH, and you guys are great !

At the end of the day you have a promo EP from a significant player in rap. It has that intrinsic value regardless. I would sign up for the free Worthpoint sub just to see what it went for. If low, perhaps buyers shied away because fear that it is fake, a common ephemera fraud. As noted, do you spend more to know for sure? I have a friend who had a similar dilemma. Some time back he bought something because "What if it IS genuine?". Everyone who saw it afterwards told him he was an idiot for wasting his money. He had it authenticated last week, it is real, and it is truly staggering.

/ymmv

I just looked up the release date of hypnotize and it's March 1st 1997, this is really fun stuff ! Like your friends story and I hope it's the same here,

And I'll spill the beans, with auction fee's I paid $70.80 cents.

Just a fun fact on me, Like B.I.G as the auction progressed I was prepared to go "BIG" to get this.

Last edited:
I just looked up the release date of hypnotize and it's March 1st 1997, this is really fun stuff ! Like your friends story and I hope it's the same here,

This stuff is out there. It gets missed by seasoned collectors because everything they think they know points them away from buying too-good-to-be-true items. Then you read about a Picasso bought at a yard sale or a Remington bronze used as a doorstop. I picked up a really weird thing at auction several years ago. It's an operant conditioning rat box. It also has property tags from the facility B.F. Skinner worked at. In addition, as best I can tell from a few B&W pics looks exactly like the one used in the study. Is it the same one? Could be but no way to tell for sure. I think it is though and why not me being the one to find it? Someone had to.

So, what did it sell for on the eBay auction? Any WorthPoint members here?

This is a pretty cool thread.

I called PGS and it's $150 + return shipping for authenticity. I'm going to bypass the pawn shop and send it out beginning of next week. Might as well go straight at it !

I'm not going to do the worthpoint deal as I don't like leaving card info in a place I may forget about.

It'll take about a month so stay tuned :thumbsup:.

I suspect having their certificate will probably increase the value by that much anyway, so I think it is a good idea.

In the meantime I would try to see if I can find out who "Rome" is. A good story can also increase the value on that type of item.

Back
Top Bottom