Awesome Small-Form Factor Amps

Check out this one from Exposure:

http://www.exposurehifi.com/products/item/xm5-integrated-amplifier.html

XM5-image1_02da488463ec4758049e340782a9ac1e.jpg

I never wandered down this path:idea:
Interesting reading and some nice looking pieces.
I once believed if i didn't drop a testicle picking it up, it wouldn't please me.
I have learned different since (though the back breakers I've kept have really pleased me.
For now i think I'll enjoy from afar, not because i don't think thread stuff is worthy. Just because I'm really pleased with stuff on hand and have too much stuff now

The photos here look different than on the Elac Website:
https://elac.com/product-category/integrated-amplifiers/

It also mentions 85 wpc rather than 100 in some places(probably differences that happened in development.) Class A/B too! Odd that it outs out the same power at 8 and 4 ohms..

All they show on their web site is the EA101EQ-G. Which outputs 80 wpc into 4 ohms but just 40 wpc into 8 ohms. It has been a long time now since their CES 2016 mention of a DA101EQ.
http://elac.com/product/debut-series-da101eq-g-integrated-amplifier/?r=us

I use an Emotiva Mini-X A100 in my living room streaming setup. It's not a bad sounding little amp but it's voiced very bright so speaker selection is vital. It was shrilly horrible with my Focal stand mounts but pairs very nicely with a set of B&W 610i's.

A100_ISOcopy.png

They're shipped via massdrop.

Looking on the Massdrop forums, many Canadians report being hit with fairly hefty brokerage and customs fees. Factor in the exchange rate and it ends up pretty close to what ordering on eBay would be, free shipping and it usually comes in with no additional fees.

I love small amps and speakers. Not T amps or DIY stuff. Nice production amps with a small form factor using class A or A/B topology. Amps that can be said to follow after the classsic Naim Nait 1 and 2. The Bel Canto is an exception because it is such a fine amp and has inputs for multiple sources.

I've had the Heed since it came out...it's been in the box while I sell my HT and other stuff. I used the last funds I had from work last fall before my surgery. I had a feeling that things were going to change in the financial situation after surgery. Hoping to one day get in to one of those Raven tube amps. I still have my Brio-R and can't see being without it. It runs a delightful pair of Wharfedale Diamond 10.1's in my home office.

As for the beginner stuff, not sure how to reply...:smoke:

Heed is one of those companies that, like Naim, wants you to have an upgrade path for everything. The Elixir, like the Nait 5i, has no real upgrade path...hence "beginner".
How is the phono stage? What I have read is if you have a strong preference for records it may not be for you. What are your thoughts?

I listened to it a couple times while I still had a turntable. The phono stage is very good as are all Heed phono pre amps. Hard to find better buys that the Heed Questar and Quasar and the phono stage in the Elixir is very akin to the Questar stand alone phono pre.

Enlarged rear view of the all-in-one Teac CR-H101 with built in DAC, tuner and CD player. Was $499 and now $299 on massdrop.

Connectique_CR-H101.jpg

Enlarged rear view of the all-in-one Teac CR-H101 with built in DAC, tuner and CD player. Was $499 and now $299 on massdrop.

Connectique_CR-H101.jpg

I have had my eye on that one. Let a used one get away locally and regret it. I would also like to hear from anyone who has tried it.

Back
Top Bottom