Awesome time !

Stephen J

Suum Cuique
Yep it was a blast !
Dave,Ernie and there crew put in a lot of work and hours and did a great job to make it so!
If ya weren't there .....you definitely missed a hell of a bash !
Ak'ers in person are even better than Ak'ers on line.:yes:
I met....
Dnewman
mopic 5
Craig from NOS valves
Olson Jr.
Drybasement
Dmax 99
Grumpy and Mrs Grumpy and family
Squid ward
Ernie ( luvinvinyl) and the Mrs.
Goodwill hi-fi
Similost and Marcia
Jsixs
Jaymanaa
Mark the Fixer
Homer J Simpson
Ty from Tyler acoustics
DjNagel
Ray W
The Fragger
Ballylongford
Markus111?
EVguy
JHS2RT
Kamakiri
krikor
hpsenicka
and a buncha people who's name's my alcohol brain will not remit.
Oh yeah....Jailtime was my roommate !

Here are a few more pics...

Attachments

• GEDC0011c.jpg
    GEDC0011c.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 100
  • GEDC0029.jpg
    GEDC0029.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 69
  • GEDC0018a.jpg
    GEDC0018a.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 60
  • GEDC0024.jpg
    GEDC0024.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 77
  • GEDC0027.jpg
    GEDC0027.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Yep it was a blast !

Dave,Ernie and there crew put in a lot of work and hours and did a great job to make it so!

If ya weren't there .....you definitely missed a hell of a bash !

Ak'ers in person are even better than Ak'ers on line.:yes:

and a buncha people who's name's my alcohol brain will not remit.

I second that, all of it!

Was glad to meet you along with tons of other new folks this year. Hope everyone enjoyed themselves.

+1
It was great to have a face to put to the name/avatar. My first fest, but definitely not my last!! My only regret was not being able to attend Saturday, too.

Nice meeting you Steve and numerous other people.
Lots of fantastic stereo systems, saw plenty of good buys.

Vendors were extremely nice and friendly, the hotel was great too.

I bought a few drivers, a mmf Phono pre amp and grumpy's heathkit pa speakers.
The wife bought a Jenson cabinent.

We each bought a AK fest T shirt and I got a hat and lucky me I won a free T shirt as a door prize.

Did my share of drinking too and still recovering from a 4:30 am saturday night fest with Pete lol

One other thing I have to add; the vendors were great. I got to talking with the Marantz guys (who had only 11 grand worth of gear on show) between tracks and I brought up how I'm a full-time student and cant afford anything that these vendors have. I told 'em that I snagged a 300DC and a 3600 for $200-- one guy looked shocked and congratulated me on the find and after I told them of my plans to restore the gear then both smiled and nodded in approval.

I was also in the McIntosh room telling the guy about how I don't own any Mac gear yet (emphasis on yet) and how I plan on finding some busted old McIntosh stuff to fix up. Without hesitation he handed be his card and a booklet of used units (with the comment 'you never know what you'll find in here') and told me that if I ever needed any parts or advice to call him and ask. That left me speechless.

The gent with the Dali speakers was from Ontario and we had a great about gear and just about audio stuff in general (he had toasted an amp fuse that morning and had to throw the show system together in a rush!). A very candid and enveloping personality--quite the gentleman.

Those experiences from such well renowned companies really left an impression on me that I don't think I would get in a tech-show-type atmosphere.

Back
Top Bottom