Babylon 5: The Films

Mystic

We're all born mad
Recently learned about these, seven in all, grabbed 'em and started with The Gathering (1993). Quite a good story, IMO. Looking forward to viewing the remaining six films.

We are swimming in the same waters Mystic. I picked these up for $2 yardsale'ing last weekend. $0.50 each, how could I resist?

cp6Dmce.jpg

B5 was never a series I got into. I seem to remember watching some random episode while it was still on the air and having no idea what was going on. I should give it a try from the beginning, it may actually make sense if you know who the characters are. Seems like a good bad weather binge watching sort of endeavor.

Huge fan BUT I thought A Call To Arms was really bad. The production quality was just a little too low.

B5 was never a series I got into. I seem to remember watching some random episode while it was still on the air and having no idea what was going on. I should give it a try from the beginning, it may actually make sense if you know who the characters are. Seems like a good bad weather binge watching sort of endeavor.

Huge storyline for a huge universe. Highly recommended you binge watch the entire series ... we're only talking maybe 160 hours if you include the Crusade series as well. ;-}

I watched the first 2 seasons but then missed nearly all of the 3rd and part of the 4th. When I started watching again I too had absolutely no idea what was going on. I recognize now that B5 was one of the first long arc series that required foundation before moving on. However, there are chunks that can be missed. At some point I'll dive in but do so with the guidance of one of these -

https://www.google.com/search?q=babylon+5+seasons&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=babylon+5+viewing+order

(The same exists for ST-DS9)

Huge storyline for a huge universe. Highly recommended you binge watch the entire series ... we're only talking maybe 160 hours if you include the Crusade series as well. ;-}
Still a fav of mine.

The arcing storyline builds background to some scenes that still make me catch my breath as the full impact crashes down.

Still say whoa when I see this scene (and knowing the backstory)

Still a fav of mine.

The arcing storyline builds background to some scenes that still make me catch my breath as the full impact crashes down.

Still say whoa when I see this scene (and knowing the backstory)

Wow, what season was that from?

I do not remember that one at all and likely I missed. Ah, the joys of non-demand, hope you set the VCR correctly, viewing back then.
I got the whole DVD set Seasons 1-5 from the family years ago for Christmas.

You could try your local library - maybe they have a set to check out?

For binge watching watch The Gathering and the 1st 2-3 episodes and skip to the last 3 episodes of season 1. Watch the rest all the way through. By 1/2 way through the 3rd season YOU WILL BE HOOKED! Notable characters are Alfred Bester the PsyCop(Walter Koenig), Kosh 1&2, Lorien, Mr. Morden, and Lyta Alexander the Commercial Telepath modified by the Vorlons. They did ALL the SPFX as digital.

There is also a whole season after the show got dropped from the original station and got picked up by TNT. I have not watched those yet, but I do have them.

What is an interesting back story is the reason why Commander Jeffrey Sinclair ( Michael O'Hare) was only on the the B5 pilot, "The Gathering" and the first season. During the production of the first season O'Hare began suffering from Paraniod delusions it became very difficult for him to interact with his fellow actors. Straczynski offered to suspend production so O'Hara could seek treatment. O'Hara did not want to put the other actors out of work so he had Straczynski write him out off the series, he did return later on to finish out his character.

Back
Top Bottom