Babylon 5

I've "binge watched" the series twice. Maybe this year or next I'll go for the hat trick?

I still have the 13 episodes from the TNT attempt that I have not watched yet. Maybe I'll start that next week.

Don't forget the movies 3rd Space, The Lost Tales, In The Beginning, A Call to Arms, and The legend of The Rangers, There is also Crusade which was badly screwed over by TNT who did not want to even air the show and did everything they could do to get Straczynski to pull out of the production contract which he refused to do.

Last night I finished the binge watch of first 4 seasons (the 'real' series, imo). Good finale. Then, I watched 2 shows out of the 5th season. Meh. Think I'm done w/ B5, but it was a good run and worth the late evening time to view.

Last night I finished the binge watch of first 4 seasons (the 'real' series, imo). Good finale. Then, I watched 2 shows out of the 5th season. Meh. Think I'm done w/ B5, but it was a good run and worth the late evening time to view.
Season 5 starts slow but the ending is amazing. You will feel sorry for Londo, Leenier, Garabaldi and a few others.

I think Londo may have been my favorite character on the show. I was surprised to find myself feeling bad for how things ended up for him where initially I thought he was just a scumbag.

I'm not really all that down with Comet channel. Knowing good and well there is a whole MGM, etc.universe of fantastic, great, good, and semi good Sci-fi that still eclipses a lot of what I see them offer up and air, I think they could do a whole hell of lot better with their programming.
BUT, I'm going to give them credit for running a Christmas day marathon of Babylon 5!
For those of us who have long ago and recently elected to sh*t-can this worst of holidays and find Babylon 5 entertaining and even happily nostalgic, I say BRAVO!!
Thank you Comet, I'll be tuning in!

Funny. Didn't see this thread on here (being a bit of a science fiction freak.) I would have to say that of all science fiction series that have been on TV B5 was the best. Bar none.

It spanned all human (and non-human?) behavior and took risks that ordinary shows never did (for the time.)

Special note: the episode that followed the "space janitors" around was funny AND clever. Wish they would put the series on regular TV again.

Up front disclaimer: Remember I gave up on this show back in the 90s after Michael O'Hare left.
I'll even back track myself from a previous post I made and say that I'm liking Bruce Boxleitner/Capt. Sheridan a lot and even finding it in my heart to like Bruce Boxleitner the actor.
Michael O'Hare just had such a 'command' of his Commander Sinclair character I didn't think Boxleitner could pull it off but I think he really has and I'm all good with it. The episode last night where he backed down Chief Garibaldi made me think he has the right stuff.
My wife has all these weekly "stories" that she just has to watch come hell or high water so B5 has become mine!

The fact that you got emotionally involved with the characters on B5 was a tribute to just how good the series was.

It was so sad the reason why Michael O’Hare could not continue in his roll. The nasty and untrue stories about his departure were an insult. He suffered from a delusional disorder he struggled to control. This mental disorder is a mostly a brain chemistry issue, and is only partially treatable with medications. Unfortunately, the treatment for Michael O’Hare was only partially successful.

I spent a career at a VA hospital and knew people with one aspect of this problem, one minute they were themselves, the next somebody else, the same person but like a real good actor playing a role. When this happened you called his trusted support people and they would try to him back on track. It was very disturbing, I wanted my friend back. :(

Last edited:
Lol! I just switched from a Windows phone to an IPhone 7 and it’s driving me crazy! May have to see if N-flix has it and order the DVDs. I’m such a Luddite!

Back
Top Bottom