Bacon

It was all quite good. The pork belly and short rib were over the top.

The pork in all the dishes was from locally-sourced heirloom variety. The porky deliciouness of that is something you just don't get from the typical commodity pork at the supermarket.

We're signed up for the Garlic dinner in August too. :thumbsup:

That can be anyone's last meal.
This morning, I was eating breakfast at work and almost dropped a last strip of bacon, but I caught it between my legs. I was so happy that I saved it...even though my pants have grease stains now.

That's for sure. I have no doubt that dinner would kill me! :eek:

lol

They were all pretty rich, indeed. However, the saving grace is the portion size. They're proper for a spread like that. Not like it's the Old Country Buffet with a heaping plate at each round. LOL.

They were all pretty rich, indeed. However, the saving grace is the portion size. They're proper for a spread like that. Not like it's the Old Country Buffet with a heaping plate at each round. LOL.

all in all, the menu looks pretty cool, no doubt :)

The pork in all the dishes was from locally-sourced heirloom variety. The porky deliciouness of that is something you just don't get from the typical commodity pork at the supermarket.

All the flavor was bred out of pigs when pork became the "other white meat."

-Dave

For Employee Appreciation Week, our management cooked breakfast for everyone this morning. The staff is about 150 people and they said they went through 30 lb of bacon. It permeated the whole building to the point where I had clogged an artery just standing in line inhaling the deliciousness. Oh yeah I ate my share, don't get me wrong.

All the flavor was bred out of pigs when pork became the "other white meat."

Hm, maybe thats why I've never much loved most pork. Its just bland. Even a lot of bacon doesn't taste like much besides salty grease. I usually end up smothering the stuff in bbq sauce so it tastes like something. I do love ham though. Almost impossible to screw up ham. The square "boiled ham" lunchmeat gets pretty darn close though.

Hm, maybe thats why I've never much loved most pork. Its just bland. Even a lot of bacon doesn't taste like much besides salty grease. I usually end up smothering the stuff in bbq sauce so it tastes like something. I do love ham though. Almost impossible to screw up ham. The square "boiled ham" lunchmeat gets pretty darn close though.

Although I actually do love pork, I agree with you. Today's pork doesn't anything like the pork I grew up eating. On the plus side because of its blandness it is easy to flavor.

-Dave

The restaurant hosts a small Farmer's Market on Thursdays. We're probably going tomorrow to see if they have some of the Duroc-Berkshire cross pork same as in the meal.

Just imagine....

People use to eat country raised dairy whey fed pork all the time, in fact I use to enter grass fed boars into Oregon FFA state competitions. Raising pork is easy, it depends on the size of the lot and what you have planted for them to eat. Then, the grasses have to grow to maturity before you buy the piglet. The thing is, the ground has to be prepared with peatmoss and manure prior to planting so the grasses don't dry out. Pigs love lush moist dairy whey and it's so cheap to do because the dairy industry plants so much of it.

Back
Top Bottom