Bad DC offset on my PC-4002m.

I've desoldering it and test with the mk tester. Here what it said in pics.

Attachments

• InkedIMG_20170321_103155_LI.jpg
    InkedIMG_20170321_103155_LI.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 21
  • InkedIMG_20170321_103354_LI.jpg
    InkedIMG_20170321_103354_LI.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 19
Patrice(ciniic audio) might be able to help you out.He is in Bosquentin france.

I believe for the J-FET, the GM328 pattern testers are only going to show you the minimum turn on gate current and flow. Those look OK in that regard.

I picked up an MTester (LCR4-T4 rev) up just last year.

I just checked an SK68A with it and it matches the datasheet minimums to switch on @.5mA gate, and forward voltage @350mV nominally (avg both ways)

20170323_141844.jpg

Make sure you test each SGD and DGS (both ways) and they are similar. I believe the tester can't really tell which is source and which is drain when the gate is the center pin.

Again that should mean it's not open or shorted... but not much more than that.

I wish I had gotten this before I tossed my small bin of scrap parts. It would have been fun to check a few things out. :-(

I stuck two known bad transistors I had sitting here reminding me to order parts. One shows ars two resistors (dead short), the other as a diode (one leg open)

FYI, anyone that's wondering what tester was used, check out this monster thread and this review.
http://www.eevblog.com/forum/testge...0/?PHPSESSID=7b40e4d14581c39b9ddd7f63f97d02c0
http://hackaday.com/2015/04/24/review-transistor-tester/

They're modding these kits to do all sorts of stuff.

Best $20 I ever spent. Too bad I haven't found the time to finish up some of my own projects: dead MX-2000 and noisy C-4 (after recap) among them.

Last edited:
You could try swapping Q201 between left/right channels and seeing if the offset remains worse on the right channel - if so, the problem is elsewhere.

Can you easily disconnect the input cable to the problem side amplifier ? And recheck your offset ?

Recheck your 245mv issue...After disconnecting the channel input cable.

I've done what you said Avionic. On a DBT, the offset stay about -24v, without the protection relay kick all the time and the voltage is about -40v..

I've found a office clip that was on signal board. It touched diodes-resistors on the meter area. Could it be the faulty way?

Back
Top Bottom