Bad Karma for tubeampking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is sad, hope everything works out for the member in question and those who have already paid for services.

Reactions: Tia
I am not a moderator and do not have an issue with tubeampking. Having said that, I believe it is time to close this thread to further posts. I believe the point and intent of the OP has been made. There is clearly a viable grievance but I don't believe continuing the one sided discourse will solve the issue. Others have weighed in and apparently they to have a problems with him. Now that health issues do not appear to be a cause for concern, I think continuing this thread is not in the spirit of the feedback forum. Those with a legitimate complaint may want to pursue actions beyond posting here. Again, just one members opinion, thanks.

"AudioKarma and the Feedback Forum are not places for resolving disputes. This especially applies to disputes arising anywhere else, including eBay, Audiogon or Craiglist, which don’t belong anywhere on AK. The relationship between each member and AK is exclusively between the Administrators and the member. No commentary by other members is allowed.

This rule will be rigorously enforced in the Feedback Forum. Any posts related to external deals gone sour will be immediately removed.

NOTICE: Only Single transaction feedback is allowed, no feedback compilation threads by any party will be allowed."

Last edited:
I am not a moderator and do not have an issue with tubeampking. Having said that, I believe it is time to close this thread to further posts.

Oh no, I vote we keep it open especially since health (at least psychically speaking) reasons have been ruled out. I have had absolutely no dealings with tubeampking other than reading his posts and threads in the past but this thread has become a daily story for me, like One Life to Live or As the World Turns. A real melo-drama!
Maybe its like click bait or a bad car wreck but I can't just look away and let it go now. Maybe a mod can move it to General Off Topic or something like that but
to end the thread now would be like getting all dressed up and not going anywhere!

I think the thread has proven very useful in figuring out if Bill is okay and what has been going on with him. I think moving it is a better idea than closing it for now.

I hesitated to call it an AK Soap Opera but since dosmalo brought it, I just don't think the Feedback Forum is the place for this. Moving it may be a better option.

From the first post, "I paid him $275 of my dollars for an item that was never received or shipped to my knowledge"...that topic certainly belongs in this forum. But all the well wishing and detective work probably doesn't.

Last edited:
If the Feedback Forum is not the appropriate venue for this thread, I don't know what is - the whole point of which is to help make Bartertown a safer place in which to conduct business by providing the AK community with firsthand experiences among AK trading partners.

From the first post, "I paid him $275 of my dollars for an item that was never received or shipped to my knowledge"...that topic certainly belongs in this forum. But all the well wishing and detective work probably doesn't.

^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^^

I am most concerned with Bill's well being or lack there of.
Nobody is really bad mouthing him and if he is in fact OK he has every opportunity
to respond. If he is not I would like to know that and if there is anything I can do to help him.

Just to provide closure on the road trip I was willing to make ,along with another akr, to check on his well being it has come to light that he apparently is well enough to make visits to one of our vendor's place of business.
Personally,I don't feel it is right for me to go knocking on his front door since it is no longer a health/well being concern.

I hope that Rod gives him the message that a lot of audiokarma members would like closure concerning the equipment that he possesses.

Bob

I'm sure Bill has seen the posts and I'm sure he must have a good reason or explanation for the repair holdup. I expect to see him soon.

I read what I posted again and nowhere did I say this thread did not belong here. I just believe it has run its course. Let those members that have issue with him deal with it privately. I think the point has been made that there are problems so why continue other than to pile on and to feed the morbid curiosity of the peanut gallery. I'm convinced, at least for now, that I will not be sending him an amp.

Under moderator review - I closed the thread for now. The feedback forum is for comments from those involved in the transaction or who have direct transaction experience with the parties involved. It seems that there are comments from members who have just an interest or want to post their opinion.

Not the usual situation, so we'll wait for word from Rod, hionfi. In the meantime, let's not post otherwise, since little remains to be said until there is concrete info about Bill.

Not the usual situation, so we'll wait for word from Rod, hionfi. In the meantime, let's not post otherwise, since little remains to be said until there is concrete info about Bill.

I concur. That was my plan of attack, and then make a decision after hearing from Ron.
Regards,
Jim

Thanks Ernie,
I think both you and Christine have been very reasonable in your approach here.:thumbsup:
(Missed your comment Jim , sorry:dunno:.
I guess great minds think alike)

Just got a PM from the OP asking for an update so I decided to post up.
I, like the OP, sent Bill money for a tube amp and never received. I did contact the Oneida PD and they told me to file a report with my local PD, which I did. If Bill happens to come to Idaho and runs into law enforcement, he can be arrested. This will be in effect for 7 years. The officer I talked to said since this is an "alleged" offence, the chances of the Oneida PD knocking on his door and asking him to do the right thing are pretty slim.

It looks as if this is somewhat of a conclusion to this saga. Myself and the OP were stiffed by tubeampking and Bill (tubeampking) has apparently dropped off the face of AK.

On the bright side, I have had nothing but great experiences (except for Bill) here on AK and in no way hold AK accountable for what went down.

For the record I have bought, and I should add RECEIVED albums, a The Fisher X-101 tube amp, the elusive pioneer speaker plugs and other things from members of AK.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom