Barter Town Guidelines Change?

Should there be something done to curb abuse of the sites Barter Town?

• Barter Town is fine as it is

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Barter Town should have post limits per Week/Month/Year.

Votes: 18 31.0%
  • Bater Town needs to have some written rules in place to curb abuse.

Votes: 21 36.2%
  • It's a free market and I paid $25 to be a subscribe to sell and buy here.

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Other ?

Votes: 4 6.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread went from a poll to a witchhunt. Everyone jumping on the bandwagon, "they should be banned", "they're not contributing members", wah wah wah. Stop being a bunch of 8th grade girls! They paid their money, so they're CONTRIBUTING members (like they must assist a new member with deoxit questions to contribute?). No BT rules were broken, instead of starting the whine session anyone of you contributing members could have PM'd the member(s) and ask them to consolidate (without argument). Another classic AK example of ostracizing members, stay classy AK.

Well put. And yes, a PM probably would have done the trick.

Thanks for linking me in to this thread olsen_jr. Wow, I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone on here. I always wait more than the required time period before bumping stuff up and when I do bump it is often with a price reduction. I sell individually and in lists. I save the individual listings for more expensive records thereby allowing more information and pics to be supplied. I try to grade accurately and usually throw in a freebie as this is a hobby for me. I do actually buy a lot on here as well and do read (and sometimes contribute on) the other forums. I wasn't aware of any limits on the number of posts in BT Media but I certainly can see how others would find it annoying if a certain few dominate the forum... For that I apologize. If the consensus is to set up some new rules/limits lets get them defined and in the mean time I'll consolidate my listings and curtail my bumps.

I saw this "Poll" yesterday and it has been gnawing at me all day. Besides the OP once again shaming a member in an open forum, he included a choice that reads, and I quote,
"Bater Town needs to have some written rules in place to curb abuse."

I checked. There are written rules to curb abuse. As a matter of fact, one of these rules has this passage, "...however, please refrain from criticism of the seller, the asking price, or the product being offered. "

I have seen too many threads bashing sellers for charging too much for specific albums and for listing too many items. These sellers are operating within the rules. Their actions may not coincide with how some here wish Audiokarma could be or how it used to be. But these are the current rules and they are in writing and not subject to much interpretation.

I have a much bigger problem with a seller who is abiding by these rules being chastised than with a somebody filling the first page of BT Media with his posts. I also disagree that there is a consensus that they are abusing Bartertown. Gosh, the current leader in the poll is the aforementioned "Bater Town needs some written rules" option, so one could infer that most folks don't know there are already written rules.

On behalf of the silent majority, I would lie to apologize to mswanson65. There are no limits on posts. You didn't break any rules. Anybody who took exception to seeing all your posts could use the ignore function or do what I do....go to the next page.

Someday I hope to have things so good that my biggest problem is how many records you are selling, but I doubt that day will ever come.

We have noticed the issue and are aware. The admins are working on some new rules to solve the situation, please be patient as they work on this issue.
Regards,
Jim

I saw this "Poll" yesterday and it has been gnawing at me all day. Besides the OP once again shaming a member in an open forum,

Now due show me where I shamed an individual member starting this Poll thread and subsequence post. I haven't pointed out any member and I had asked that this thread not be a debate on how people feel, just vote and leave a comment on how you feel.

So is the premise of you post to shame me because I'm trying to point something out that's bothering me? And we can see with the Poll it's bothering a lot of members as some sort of change or rules implemented has not been below 65% and mostly over 75% since I started it. These member must be bad people also I guess in your mind.

We have noticed the issue and are aware. The admins are working on some new rules to solve the situation, please be patient as they work on this issue.
Regards,
Jim

Thanks Jim for the input and some verification that Administration is looking in to this complaint that keeps popping up over and over. I thought a poll would be the best alternative than the normal gripe session and debate.

I saw this "Poll" yesterday and it has been gnawing at me all day. Besides the OP once again shaming a member in an open forum, he included a choice that reads, and I quote,
"Bater Town needs to have some written rules in place to curb abuse."

I checked. There are written rules to curb abuse. As a matter of fact, one of these rules has this passage, "...however, please refrain from criticism of the seller, the asking price, or the product being offered. "

I have seen too many threads bashing sellers for charging too much for specific albums and for listing too many items. These sellers are operating within the rules. Their actions may not coincide with how some here wish Audiokarma could be or how it used to be. But these are the current rules and they are in writing and not subject to much interpretation.

I have a much bigger problem with a seller who is abiding by these rules being chastised than with a somebody filling the first page of BT Media with his posts. I also disagree that there is a consensus that they are abusing Bartertown. Gosh, the current leader in the poll is the aforementioned "Bater Town needs some written rules" option, so one could infer that most folks don't know there are already written rules.

On behalf of the silent majority, I would lie to apologize to mswanson65. There are no limits on posts. You didn't break any rules. Anybody who took exception to seeing all your posts could use the ignore function or do what I do....go to the next page.

Someday I hope to have things so good that my biggest problem is how many records you are selling, but I doubt that day will ever come.

I think the word you're looking for is CONSIDERATION.

Now due show me where I shamed an individual member starting this Poll thread and subsequence post. I haven't pointed out any member and I had asked that this thread not be a debate on how people feel, just vote and leave a comment on how you feel.

So is the premise of you post to shame me because I'm trying to point something out that's bothering me? And we can see with the Poll it's bothering a lot of members as some sort of change or rules implemented has not been below 65% and mostly over 75% since I started it. These member must be bad people also I guess in your mind.

"Due (sic) show me",that's easy.
For instance right now in media, there is just one member, and that's loosely used here, as they never post anything other than sales in BT.
They have one record post...
11 out of 25 spots on page 1
9 out of 25 spots on page 2
8 out of 25 spots on page 3
3 out of 25 spots on page 4

BTW, vote and comment on your feelings but lets not argue or make it a debate, there isn't a debate over how others feel.

I think you made it pretty clear who you were talking about. And it was pretty snarky. Is that how you get to be Member of the Year? And that's loosely used here.

I misinterpreted the last bit though. When you said comment on our feelings, I took it to mean we could comment on our feelings. My mistake. Now I am doing something I have never done. I am exercising the ignore function.

Hopefully the new rules are up to your standards.

I think you made it pretty clear who you were talking about.

Impossible to figure out.....keep assuming to justify a false statement.

@ehoove

Jim can you close this thread please? You stated something will be done soon so there really isn't a need for this if members are just coming here to pick fights.

Thank you

Thanks to anyone who voted and expressed your feelings in this matter.

And we can see with the Poll it's bothering a lot of members as some sort of change or rules implemented has not been below 65% and mostly over 75% since I started it.

Well, it is a bit of a self selecting poll. And it appears that 39 members (so far) out of a rather large population support some type of rules to govern BT. I am fairly neutral on the issue; I get annoyed sometimes but find it easy to cope and move on.

given that there are many who sell a lot more than I do on both the Media and Equipment BT forums, including Northwinds who has chimed in above.

Matt

Seriously Matt??? Maybe check completed sales and actual active sales posts?

Oh wait, you have to consolidate yours so come back when your finally done ;)

mswanson came here and pointed no fingers, he accepted it like a man and rectified it. He earned respect doing that (and I know him for being a cool dude anyway). You on the other hand just tried to pass the blame on to others yet this thread clearly was about you :idea:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom