Battery grip for Canon 1200D

Jazzmuso

I have been searching for a battery grip for this camera and saw some on Amazon and some other net sellers. Dealers and friends warn against buying. The reason given is that Canon never made one as it is seen as an entry level camera.

Any advice or leads to where I might find one?

I bought a Canon 800D about 6 months ago because I sell a lot of items on ebay and my cell phone camera didn't provide me with the control I wanted over exposures, and sometimes would refuse to focus.

While researching accessories, I thought a battery grip would be a good option to have for the added battery capacity, and since Canon doesn't make one for the 800D I would have to buy one of the China knockoffs.
I was able to find a few YouTube videos were these China versions had good reviews. However, there are 2 reasons I havent pulled the trigger yet.
1. I've found that for my use, I haven't needed that extra battery storage.
2. Most of the problem issues with the Canon 800D I happen to come across during my research of the camera itself seem to originate from the battery area. i.e. stuck micro switches, bad contacts and broken door hinges.
I still plan on getting one but like you I just haven't worked up the nerve.
I'd also like to hear from anyone that went this route.

Back
Top Bottom