BBQ Chicken

rebellovw

I follow the Kneely's recipe here...

Get the coals - plus a little Oak good and hot - then take the marinated Chix and braise on one side for about 10 minutes...

IMG_2465_zps922553bb.jpg

Then cover and let roast for about 30 or so minutes. Then baste with BBQ sauce and turn

IMG_2477_zps43596800.jpg

Ok the whole while - listening to say Black Sabbath

IMG_2482_zps34f4b3a8.jpg

IMG_2485_zps127f64ee.jpg

Serve with Brock and Corn N cob

IMG_2484_zpsa52bc02d.jpg

Which for the corn is just water with some sugar.

Chix resting

IMG_2486_zps46354e00.jpg

Recipe:

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af280/costerdo/IMG_2486_zps46354e00.jpg

I used a whole chix - which I cut in half then half again.

Thanks for looking.

Chris

Awesome Chris.

The Chicken and sides look delicious. The dogs look cute. The Sound System looks stellar, and the music will keep the heart from slowing down.

I'd sit at your table anytime. Thanks for sharing.

Billy

Awesome Chris.

The Chicken and sides look delicious. The dogs look cute. The Sound System looks stellar, and the music will keep the heart from slowing down.

I'd sit at your table anytime. Thanks for sharing.

Billy

Thanks as always Billy - Dogs are sweet - but tend to growl at folks - I'm working on that with daily walks - spoiled little monsters. Thanks again!

Chris.

Look great, enjoy

Thanks very much - I've done this recipe at least 3 times - today with about only 4 hours in the marinade - usually overnight - but trying to do better with the BBQ chix vs just some chix breasts on the weber - very happy with this recipe but come on - BBQ sauce - butter, fresh OJ, Honey - come-on- it is an artery clogger - I'll have to walk extra long tomorrow.

Thanks again!

Chris

.....that looks great with some burned spots on the skin, Chris....grilled chicken with a sweet sauce is a staple at my house....you offered a leg quarter to both your dogs and they turned it down, right?.....

Last edited:
.....I realize I'm preaching mostly to the choir, and there's plenty of experienced grillers here who have their own ways....but, to some who read this thread that would like to grill outside and don't have any experience or equipment, I'm going to say, "I assure you, you can't miss with a Weber 22 inch kettle cooker for a hundred bucks from Wal-Mart".....

.....after an initial cooking, enough charcoal is left for the bottom layer of the next coal bed effort....just close all the vents when done....I spray the fire with a hose and let the partial briquettes dry for a couple of days.....

.....stop pouring whole bags of charcoal into a charcoaler hoping part of it will catch....build a one foot diameter, round, 3-4 layer coal bed in the middle for searing and making smoke....close the bottom vents for searing as the fire can get nutty quick....open them full to bake with the top on.....

.....all chicken pieces seared....making chicken fat smoke for the baking phase.....

Last edited:
.....that looks great with some burned spots on the skin, Chris....grilled chicken with a sweet sauce is a
staple at my house....you offered a leg quarter to both your dogs and they turned it down, right?.....

Thanks very much Mulester7 - your post last year on BBQ vs Gas or something about BBQ over coals in the snow made me run out to Lowes to pick up a charcoal grill for our new house - something cheap at least until I get a fancy gas grill - but to be honest - I'm pretty happy with just the charcoal.

Save a spot for me too :thmbsp:

thanks now im hungry, these threads always do that to me....

Thanks very much BigV.

Looks awesome!

I love chicken on the grill. Especially like the rotisserie...

Thanks Whoaru!

.....I realize I'm preaching mostly to the choir, and there's plenty of experienced grillers here who have
their own ways....but, to some who read this thread that would like to grill outside and don't have any
experience, I'd say, I assure you, you can't miss with a Weber 22 inch kettle cooker for a hundred bucks
from Wal-Mart.....

.....after an initial cooking, enough charcoal is left for the bottom layer of the next coal bed effort....just
close all the vents when done....I spray the fire with a hose and let the partial briquettes dry for a couple
of days.....

.....stop pouring whole bags of charcoal into a charcoaler hoping part of it will catch....build a one foot
diameter round 3-4 layer coal bed in the middle for searing and making smoke....close the bottom vents
for searing as the fire can get nutty quick....open them full to bake with the top on.....

.....making chicken fat smoke for the baking phase.....

Looks amazing - thanks for all the tips.

I've done it very close to that - where once the coals in the Chimney where hot and ready - I placed them all on one side of the (fake) Weber - then I took the 1/4 chix pieces from the marinade - and placed meat side down over the hot coal side of the grill - to sear - for about 10 or so minutes - then I flipped the chix and placed on the bone side (bones acting like a grill) - on the indirect heat side of the grill - closed the lid and roasted for about 45 minutes - then opened the grill and just basted with BBQ sauce and turned a few times, re-basting over the hot side of the grill for the last 15 or so minutes - until the temp was reached - then let rest.

Cute dogs ----------and their getting more popular than your barbeque chicken ............which looks GREAT!!

Cute dogs ----------and their getting more popular than your barbeque chicken ............which looks GREAT!!

Thanks very much JHS2RT - they are really a wonderful pair - the older one eat the wheels off the BBQ grill - I had to replace the wheels with some new stylish rims :smoke: It's a cheap grill that works.

Thanks again.

Here is one of my barbeque........from summer of 2012.

Last edited:
BBQ chicken... [[[mmm]]] looks good

Everyone knows how to make good bbq ckn, except me - but I won't give up the fight :D

After years of trying to cook ckn on a propane grill (with mediocre results) I'm now 'breaking in' a pellet gril. First round of brined bbq ckn tasted just ok to me... my son and his buddy from school said it was great. However, when I re-heated the leftovers on the same grill, I was pleasantly surprised.

Guess I've accidentally discovered my own "twice - baked (bbq'd) pellet - grilled chicken". Patent pending :para:

Lookin' good!
That empty spot on the grill is just crying out for the corn, though.:D

Thanks! Yeah - I was thinking about doing that at the time as I have done it before a few times - shuck the corn - wrap in foil - and just place on the grill.

Back
Top Bottom