Best $100 dac?

I get that.. wondering if thers somthing like chromecast that doesn't require a wireless engineer to make work. This thing says it's paired and ready to cast, but the music is only coming out of my phone. Somthing a little less difficult to work? My phone is allready linked to my router along with 3 tvs 2 more phones tablets ect ect. I connected all of them so if this thing is that difficult to connect somthing is either wrong with It or me. I just need somthing easier
To cast your own library to the CCA your server computer needs to have DLNA turned on and you control it through the BubbleUPnP app on your phone.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-01-26-15-58-41.png
    Screenshot_2017-01-26-15-58-41.png
    115.8 KB · Views: 7
I have no idea what you're trying to say. If it's reading the digital information then it's not coming through a digital-to-analog-converter (DAC). I have no idea what signal your Sansui is "reading" or what you Sansui G-8000 is but it sure sounds like you're simply taking the analog signal from a headphone jack into your ??. That's most likely using your phone's DAC. :dunno:
That is because I have done a terrible job describing how I have the I-pod Touch connected to my 1978-1980 vintage analog only Sansui G-8000, sorry. I believe I finally understand the internal dac being used coming out of the earphone jack on my I-pod. Thanks again for all your help.

What device are you playing from? I don't have one but as far as I understand playing from Android should be supported for a wide variety of apps for free.

I use my Samsung s6 edge plus. I planned on usingoing my tablet also but the app let's you download apps for free like YouTube music ,slacker,Spotify, I heart, Pandora and plenty more. But when I try to play one song I want to hear off YouTube for example it tell seems me 10 bucks a month for the upgraded app. I thought I'd be able to play any music my phone would. I'm pretty positive on my free slacker app I've had for years I can play one song in particular then it would continue playing music in the genre. I don't have that option with chromecast without paying

To cast your own library to the CCA your server computer needs to have DLNA turned on and you control it through the BubbleUPnP app on your phone.

I don't have a computer and never needed one to listen to free music. I have no idea what a CCA or a dlna even is and don't really plan on learning.. I simply want somthing that will take my digital signal from my phone and turn it analog. Basically with chromecast I can't talk on my phone and hear it out of the speakers through chromecast. No ringing out of the speakers neither just out of there phone. Chromecast says it like it's a perk ( UNINTERRUPTED MUSIC) how is it uninterrupted if I'm on the phone?? Cool it's on in the background for other people to hear but I miss half the song

I don't have a computer and never needed one to listen to free music. I have no idea what a CCA or a dlna even is and don't really plan on learning.. I simply want somthing that will take my digital signal from my phone and turn it analog. Basically with chromecast I can't talk on my phone and hear it out of the speakers through chromecast. No ringing out of the speakers neither just out of there phone. Chromecast says it like it's a perk ( UNINTERRUPTED MUSIC) how is it uninterrupted if I'm on the phone?? Cool it's on in the background for other people to hear but I miss half the song
CCA = Chromecast Audio. I guess I misunderstood what you meant by free music.

As a test I downloaded the pandora app to my Samsung Galaxy S4 phone and set up a station based on Little Feat. I casted it to a powered speaker. So far so good, music is playing. Then I had someone call me. The music continued to play even when I answered the call. This may be a iOS vs. Android thing.

So far I have used the CCA to cast Spotify (not free), Pandora (free) and my .flac library (my library is stored on a computer). I have even incorporated it into my squeezebox system via a plugin in Logitech Media Server.

It's the same way in Android.
The phone just controls the data flow, that has no bearing on other functions like talking with someone else.

I have owned a couple Bluetooth adapters and own a couple chromecast audio devices also. The SQ is much better on the chrome... (assuming over course you set the "Full dynamic range" option to on in the settings.

you also then need to be using players that support chromecast

considering these cost $35 or less... if you find one on sale.. i would start with one of these.. it is also convenient vs having to physically plug your phone into the dac or whatever.

oh if using he CCA you'd want to have / buy a 3.5mm to RCA cable.. as you'll need.

I have owned a couple Bluetooth adapters and own a couple chromecast audio devices also. The SQ is much better on the chrome... (assuming over course you set the "Full dynamic range" option to on in the settings.

you also then need to be using players that support chromecast

considering these cost $35 or less... if you find one on sale.. i would start with one of these.. it is also convenient vs having to physically plug your phone into the dac or whatever.

oh if using he CCA you'd want to have / buy a 3.5mm to RCA cable.. as you'll need.

I bought the chromecast a couple weeks ago and hated it. It definitely sounded a whole lot better than my phones DAC but I couldn't simply go to YouTube and play the music I wanted to. I could listen to YouTube red or whatever if I wanted to pay for it. So as I was returning it today the lady asked if anything was wrong with it and I told her it works great but I'm not paying monthly for apps. She said around 5 people returned the same thing today. Now I'm looking for somthing else.

^ You where doing it wrong.
Firstly setup the CCA as indicated by Google: https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/6260600?hl=en
To use it:
Step 1: Cast to your CCA from Android Settings.
Step 2: Open youtube app (free one) or type in the phone browser youtube.com. Basically ANY app that makes a sound in headphones after enabling "Cast to..." will send the sound to CCA. No need for Youtube Red.
Step 3: Choose a video/song/whatever and play.

^ You where doing it wrong.
Firstly setup the CCA as indicated by Google: https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/6260600?hl=en
To use it:
Step 1: Cast to your CCA from Android Settings.
Step 2: Open youtube app (free one) or type in the phone browser youtube.com. Basically ANY app that makes a sound in headphones after enabling "Cast to..." will send the sound to CCA. No need for Youtube Red.
Step 3: Choose a video/song/whatever and play.

Damn. I wish I knew this earlier today..I'll have to go pick one back up and give that a shot. I did just open youtube and played a video and I'm not seeing the cast option. Is that because the chromecast is no longer plugged in?

Yes, your player (phone, tablet, etc) discovers the devices it can cast to, if none is available there is no option to cast. I don't own a CCA but have an Android TV, works similarly, I can cast audio/video to it from my Android devices for free.

Yes, your player (phone, tablet, etc) discovers the devices it can cast to, if none is available there is no option to cast. I don't own a CCA but have an Android TV, works similarly, I can cast audio/video to it from my Android devices for free.

Gotchya. I can wifi direct to any tv from allmost all of my devices. I just read up on it and everybody seems to have the same complaint I had. Looks like they fixed this problem a little less than a year ago

First you need to setup the CCA as described by Google - it uses their "Home" app to setup the CCA (last picture is from inside "Home" application.
After that... see the attached pics.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170211-072218.png
    Screenshot_20170211-072218.png
    165.6 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_20170211-072223.png
    Screenshot_20170211-072223.png
    156.3 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_20170211-072235.png
    Screenshot_20170211-072235.png
    155 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_20170211-072902.png
    Screenshot_20170211-072902.png
    125.6 KB · Views: 16
I think the real solution is to limit your use of YouTube as a primary audio source. YouTube is primarily a video playing service and they expect you, generally, to want to keep your video and audio coming from the same place. That's why you're having to do the whole separate cast screen audio thing as @SoNic67 has described. Casting from audio only apps (Pandora, Google Play Music, Spotify) is way more seamless. If you had a regular Chromecast with video support, casting youtube to it would be similarly seamless, because that's it's intended purpose. The cast screen audio thing is more of a gimme feature than a primary function of the CCA.

If you load your music files onto your phone, it is quite easy to have them uploaded through Google Play so that you can play them via the Chromecast audio. If you have a library of your own files to play that's the simplest solution that doesn't require setting up a DLNA server on a computer somewhere on the network (Which works fabulously with BubbleUPnP, as mentioned).

Back
Top Bottom