Best, and easiest way to record audio only from You Tube.

freemake video downloader.....it can download only the audio of the video stream....then use freemake audio converter to convert the audio files ( the raw audio off the video is m4a ) to wav or mp3 ( both are free....but the paid versions offer more bells n whistles )

works great !! use it all the time

the best sound comes from HD videos btw....

Beware of the OpenCandy spyware that's part of the Freemake download. Malwarebytes Premium triggers and removes it with every Freemake update. It sets off Windows Defender and MS Security Essentials too when properly configured.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenCandy#Software_known_to_have_included_OpenCandy

I am a computer tech and highly recommend malwarebytes anti spyware... But I have no recollection of it ever alerting a find from freemake software....i am using older versions tho

My newly updated google browser did trigger a alert from malwarebytes during a scan today....go figger !!!

I see no mention of freemake software in that wiki link....did i miss it ?

Last edited:
I remember the first time I went to Youtube to listen to "Live At Ronnie Scott's", the Jeff Beck live thing, and it had disappeared.

I need to purchase that.

Yeah, you do. :D Just watching how much fun Tal Wilkenfeld is having is worth the money.

I remember the first time I went to Youtube to listen to "Live At Ronnie Scott's", the Jeff Beck live thing, and it had disappeared.

I need to purchase that.

Yes, worth the purchase price!! It is one of my favorite performance DVD's. Thanks' for mentioning it, I think I'll put it on right now.

Back
Top Bottom