Best CONCERT ever seen.

I stopped going to concerts soon after high school when I got busy with work.
But I remember seeing Rush play their 2112 concert at a local venue.
They really put on a good show.

Stevie Ray Vahn 1980 Poughkeepsie Civic center. We had 10th row center seats. He was so good that night, during some of his solos he would put one foot up on the floor monitor tilt his head back and close his eyes. That's when the magic happened.

Discovered SRV after he had passed. Wish I had had the chance to see him in concert. What a master at his trade...what an incredible loss...

Discovered SRV after he had passed. Wish I had had the chance to see him in concert. What a master at his trade...what an incredible loss...

Glad I got to see him in 84 before I went off to the Navy :rockon:. Same with Randy Rhodes on Ozzy’s first solo tour.

Flashback time....I was just examining the contents of this little antique tin box, which I had not looked at in many years. Found 2 old concert ticket stubs inside, Frank Zappa, at Rutger`s University in NJ (1980), and The Tubes, at The Palladium, NYC, 1981. 40 years rolls up behind you REAL quick !

upload_2019-7-5_18-10-10.png

"Best" concerts, huh ? Now THAT`S a tough one....I was fortunate enough to see Bowie several times in his prime, the "Ziggy Stardust" tour, "Diamond Dogs" tour, and the "Young American" tour, where I got introduced to David Sanborn, and the talented Earl Slick on guitar....

I went to a bob mould solo electric show this past week. Dude is still high energy, and can keep you on you feet with one strat and a fender 2x12.

Personal favorites, it would be a tie between these two shows.

Ozzy (Rhoads)/Motley Crue
Trouble/Pantera

Uncountable others, but these are tops.

I probably posted in this thread years ago, but can't remember....
I would have to only list my top five favs...
1. Led Zeppelin - 1977 on Bonzo's birthday
2. Pink Floyd - 1987 Momentary Lapse of Reason tour
3. Rush - R40 ....had seen them several times previously over the years
4. Robert Plant - 1983 Principle of Moments tour
5. Alice Cooper - 1978 School's Out For Summer tour.....I'd just graduated high school too. :rockon:
20191008_202457.jpg
A couple of shows are missing, but I was able to keep most of the stubs. :deal:

I probably posted in this thread years ago, but can't remember....
I would have to only list my top five favs...
1. Led Zeppelin - 1977 on Bonzo's birthday
2. Pink Floyd - 1987 Momentary Lapse of Reason tour
3. Rush - R40 ....had seen them several times previously over the years
4. Robert Plant - 1983 Principle of Moments tour
5. Alice Cooper - 1978 School's Out For Summer tour.....I'd just graduated high school too. :rockon:
View attachment 1639384
A couple of shows are missing, but I was able to keep most of the stubs. :deal:
That's a great list! :thumbsup:

I am jealous of Mystic's list.

But I have had a chance to see some good ones too. SRV, Metallica, Tool, VH,and assorted blues acts.
But my favorite is still Slayer on the South of Heaven tour. My friend did not want to go alone and he knew I liked similar music so he played me a song to gauge my interest and I agreed. We listened to a tape on the way to the show so I had a feeling I thought I knew what was coming. I was wrong. They blew me away!! The sound quality was awesome and they played faster and tighter than they do on studio tracks. I saw them several more times and they always put on a great show, but the South of Heaven show was the best.

Queen, about 1980. Loudest concert I've ever heard. Couldn't even hear the car stereo cranked on the way home (good stereo too). Amazing concert!

Would have to be my 1st concert.
AC/DC, Quiet Riot and Loudness-86

I was 16 and just got my license.Drove down to Legend Valley in Ohio..Tripped on acid for the 1st time as well..EPIC

Just saw Ghost. Darn close to the best concert I've seen and - since I was completely sober, which has to be a first for me at a show - one of the best ones I can remember.

Back
Top Bottom