Best direction of wire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjock3

Please forgive me for this silly question, I just do not have an easy way to check out the correct direction right now for some new wire in system.
Is there a way to check the best direction for signal on wire other than listening to it in either direction.

Thanks in advance,

Mark

if it doesn't make a difference to you leave it how it sounds best :D . it shouldn't harm anything either way under normal conditions . :idea:

I just do not have an easy way to check out the correct direction right now for some new wire in system
First welcome to AK, second.... wire is not directional (even when some vendors claim it is), so don't worry about it.
Now, you need to know that cables, wire and stuff like that can open a can of worms, a people are very passionate about it, can you tell us what kind of wire are you talking about?

Absolutely wire is directional. If you don't believe me in most cases it is easy enough to check for yourself. I have made my own interconnects and speaker wire and tested it myself. I knew there would be some that would give me a hard time but I must say I am surprised at the number of you who just don't know about this and have never tried it yourself. After all this is a diy section. I have even tested it out with Ethernet wire and it is also directional when using in a media server setup.

Sorry I wasted your time.

I have even tested it out with Ethernet wire and it is also directional when using in a media server setup.
wait a minute wait a minute hold on, so your telling me that Ethernet cable, in the other direction affects the sounds of a DIGITAL file?

Bassblaster,
I have always approached audio with an open mind, willing to learn. I am more than twice your age and been into audio for more than 50 years. But I can see you know much more than I do. I know it is much easier to hit the keys and type a smart comment than it is to check it out for yourself. I feel honored that you have in one years time seen everything. Have fun with your audio endeavors!

Dude. copper is copper. electrons dont give a flying F which direction they travel. Wanna know somithing else? audio signals, say from your turntable to amp or amp to speakers, is AC! so electrons travel both directions anyway.
EDIT: Oh and wheres that "1 years time" line from you coming from? just because ive only been on AK for a little over a year doesnt mean i only been into audio or electronics in general for only a year. I WAS 4 AND I FIXED MY OWN VCR! ask my fkin parents if you want to be a smart ass and judge what i know over a forum site bud.

mjock3 you stated in your OP that it was a silly question, what is your background, formal training? Please explain to the group how wire is directional?

Thanks

Like I said lazy people are quick to judge with their keyboard. Funny when you knocking other it's all good but you can't take it yourself, oh you poor baby.

Like I said lazy people are quick to judge with their keyboard. Funny when you knocking other it's all good but you can't take it yourself, oh you poor baby.
Your the baby here bud. as Billboard said please explain how wire is directional. We also want accurate test results with plentiful documentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom