Best indoor antenna for suburban area

axel340band

Hi,
I live just outside Philadelphia(less than 10 miles), and am looking for a good indoor antenna. My apartment is on the second floor of an old brick house, so a lot of stations aren't the strongest, even though they come through perfectly in the car. In particular, I tend to listen to 90.1 WRTI, which is normally very strong. It will be used with a Fisher FM-200b tube tuner. Right now I'm using a T dipole, but the listening area is on a side wall of the house, and it is too short to reach the wall facing the city. Should I continue using the dipole and find a way to move it to the back wall, or should I get something amplified? Any help is appreciated.

I've had fabulous results from the C. Crane indoor FM antenna. I was getting 47 dBf from the wire dipole. The C. Crane device, in the same location, showed 62 to 67 dBf on my tuner's signal strength meter. Even saw it peg high at 70+ with optimal atmospherics.

For $20 plus shipping, it's worth it. I just ordered a second one for the Tivoli Music System I bought for my bedroom. Of course, shipping to Abu Dhabi is $30 extra!

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/c-crane-antenna-measurements-12-db.779121/

The old rabbit ears designed for FM, branded Archer or Rembrandt, work very well. They are not amplified.

I like rabbit ears as well - much easier to tune-in and adjust than wires attached to the wall. Howdy, neighbor! Lol.

Back
Top Bottom