best late night snack

For the last year I've had to watch what I eat after 8pm ish or I get really bad heart burn :(. My go to is peanuts in the shell.

Maybe, about 7 or so years ago, I would sometimes get the hunger`s well after dinner, and I`m sure my selection would make normal heath minded, elevated in age, folks freak out !!

How about a pound (pre-cooked of course) pack of thick sliced bacon, or sausages, (links, or patties,) + 4 extra large jumbo eggs sunny side up, or scrambled, and if feeling really adventurous 3/4 pack of Johnsonville Italian sausage (mild, or sweet ) broiled in the convection oven, and washed down any of it with a big glass of very cold whole milk, or half & half..

Then to polish off that heathy late night snack afterwards.. a couple of G & T`s with a Winston or two before hitting the sack to listen my arteries creak and moan, being I was around 54 years old !!

Good stuff then, but I don`t do that anymore, not for heath concerns, mind you, doing so sometimes screwed with my sleep !!
WOW the OP said a snack !!! LOL :rflmao:

Deli baloney (Beef), Extra Sharp Chedder Cheese (sharpest available), Ritz Crackers. Or, substitute baloney with Italian Dry Salami.

Lately though, no crackers (cut carbs). Tonight, I just took the edge off with some pre-shelled organic walnuts and some sharp chedder. I could eat a block the size of a car battery. Problem is, on exit it would be the size of a car battery and twice as hard.

Deli baloney (Beef), Extra Sharp Chedder Cheese (sharpest available), Ritz Crackers. Or, substitute baloney with Italian Dry Salami.

Lately though, no crackers (cut carbs). Tonight, I just took the edge off with some pre-shelled organic walnuts and some sharp chedder. I could eat a block the size of a car battery. Problem is, on exit it would be the size of a car battery and twice as hard.

:thumbsup: +:rflmao::rflmao::rflmao:

Get some Go-Gurts or any yogurt in a tube and put them in the freezer. Once they are frozen snip the top off a tube and you have a frozen yogurt push pop. They make a great little fruity snack that also satisfies the sweet tooth. Get the low-fat variety and its also a fairly healthy snack as well.

Damn....you guys are a BAAAAAD influence.... :)
Just woke up (I tend to sleep in 2-hour shifts lately), and it`s been 8 hours since dinner, so I was hungry ! There was about a half a pint of roast pork Lo Mein in the fridge, so I heated it up, and quick-poached an egg (crack into a small bowl with a half cup of cold water, and nuke for 1 minute), topped the lo mein with the egg, and had a nice little snack !

Big bowl of popcorn most nights, but always popped from kernels in the µwave, never the bagged stuff. It's amazing the things you can put on popcorn, from a drizzle of olive oil and salt, to caramel syrup to the same spice rub you might put on a roast. You can coat it with hot pepper sauce, dump cheese of different types on it or just eat it plain. Or, with butter of course.

I sometimes have the late night snack that my late father enjoyed. Fresh hearth bread with butter and strawberry jam, topped with a thick slice of Havarti cheese.
He was born in Denmark and never lost his love for open faced sandwiches (or cheese!!)

Back
Top Bottom