"Funhouse"
"Terror Train"
"Fright Night"
"Prince Of Darkness"
"From Beyond"
"Phantasm"

+1 on Funhouse
BIG +1 on They Live
All of the Evil Dead films are among my favorites with Evil Dead II being the best followed closely by Army of Darkness.

"Midnight Meat Train"
A little off the beaten path, and not your typical horror flick. Vinnie Jones is absolutely menacing, and there`s an interesting little twist at the end that will leave you thinking "WTF ???"

The Changeling.

Excellent story, and a couple of scenes that will give you the shivers.

No blood, no gore. Just an awesome movie.

Full Circle AKA The Haunting Of Julia... 1977 UK/Canada production.

Superbly haunting... A masterpiece!
Stars Mia Farrow,and you can watch it free on YouTube.

Trying to decide this year as we have a Big Screen in our backyard and weather permitting we make all the kids and parents come to the backyard to get candy. And some don't want to leave LOL!

All the big ones have been mentioned. So, I'd like to add a few more obscure films:

Halloween III: Season of the Witch - You know, the one without Michael Myers and with the masks. It's actually a pretty decent little film.
Friday the 13th Part III - Where the hockey mask makes its debut. A laugh-a-minute, comedy-gold entry in the series.
Terror Train - Canadian horror film with Jamie Lee Curtis and David Copperfield
Without Warning - Weird sci-fi/horror film that predates Schwartzenegger's Predator. Martin Landau & Jack Palance.

t r t.jpg This movie should start off every Halloween night, I can't believe it's not already on the list. Trick - R - Treat
**Thanks for posting these movies, some of these were really great.

I tend to like the older Horror films, (Dracula, Wolfman, Frankenstein) over today's slasher films.

Halloween 1, 2, and 3.
An American Werewolf In London
The Thing
Evil Dead Trilogy
Phantasm series
The Shining
The Exorcist

And Shaun Of The Dead.

Back
Top Bottom