Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

Leonard Cohen Neil Young are great finds. Anytime i see them in the wild usually overpriced and trashed. Nice Haul.:trebon:

Thanks!

I haven't found nice stuff like this at a thrift in a while! And never this minty!

This Salvation Army charges $3 each, or 5 for $10, and I limited myself to 25.

If you've never played it, Scoop is a wonderful album. His demo of "Squeezebox" stomps all over the Who version. The joke makes sense on his demo.

I was given a pair of those once. I rarely if at all use headphones anymore, but I tried them on anyway an my wife busted out laughing. Not knowing at what, I took a look in the mirror an soon realized why. Yes they are indeed goofy looking, considering how large they are on the sides. Sorry older gents I know it was different times.....:bigok:
No offense, I am older. I was in the Navy serving in the far east when those cans were new. Some of my mates bought them new in the Navy Exchange. They looked goofy then. Goofiness withstands the test of time. That's why I bought them; reminds me of the good ol' days. Just because I've grown old doesn't mean I've grown up.

If you've never played it, Scoop is a wonderful album. His demo of "Squeezebox" stomps all over the Who version. The joke makes sense on his demo.

It's on the play list for tonight. :)

I got carried away this weekend. Bought about 50 records total, but only those 25 are the thrift store scores. Went to a vintage and collectibles show and ran into Brent, who got me started again down this winding road back into audio with a MAC1900, and then a really nice pair of ESS AMT 1s. Bought some new additions to the collection from him, visted the Record Centre and bought a few there, and found 4 at my local value village.

Just put Scoop on. Playing so sad about us.

I went to an estate sale yesterday, and picked up a few things I needed. But when I left, I decided to go to a Salvation Army I don't go to often, but it was the site of my first audio score, a Dynaco PAS3 for $10 with all original telefunken tubes. I found 25 records almost all of them in new minty condition.

That was a great pickup. I've not seen Dynaco in an SA since the late 80s.

Yep my contact wasn't lying

Fully working, still has the blue protective wrap on the edges of the fascia, shame its been smashed about, all feet broken and the bottom is slightly bent.

he also gave me a pair of kef refence 104's and some rogers ls4'A's

I'm calling it, you officially won this page, 1102!

That Frankie Goes to Hollywood is indeed an awesome album! I'd never heard it till someone mentioned it here and I realized I had it. It's one of my favorites now and I'm realizing its been a while since I've spun it so that's on the to-do list now. I've picked up and put back that Eddie and the Cruisers album a few times at various stores (not at thrift prices or I wouldn't have put it back). I remember liking the movie and the music but keep talking myself out of buying it.

I went to an estate sale yesterday, and picked up a few things I needed. But when I left, I decided to go to a Salvation Army I don't go to often, but it was the site of my first audio score, a Dynaco PAS3 for $10 with all original telefunken tubes. I found 25 records almost all of them in new minty condition. I've already listened to about half of them and they are all in near perfect condition with no noise or static! I could probably get away without even cleaning them!

View attachment 891560
The stars of this first batch are Frankie Goes to Holleywood, Crowbar Larger Than Life, and Leggett Illuminations!

View attachment 891561
View attachment 891562

These last two pictures were a mixture of 80s and I suspect from a different batch of donations, but they are in great condition.

Very happy with this find! :banana::banana::banana:

That Frankie Goes to Hollywood is indeed an awesome album! I'd never heard it till someone mentioned it here and I realized I had it. It's one of my favorites now and I'm realizing its been a while since I've spun it so that's on the to-do list now. I've picked up and put back that Eddie and the Cruisers album a few times at various stores (not at thrift prices or I wouldn't have put it back). I remember liking the movie and the music but keep talking myself out of buying it.

:) I've already listened to Relax 4 times since getting it. My previous version had some skips and scratches. I love it at loud volume! I remember hearing to it in the clubs when it first came out. And the video was pushing the limits of that time.

Eddie and the Cruisers is alright at thrift prices, but if I ever have to downsize, that would be one that moved on. I remembered the same thing as you about the movie. However I will never get rid of my Commitments!

:) I've already listened to Relax 4 times since getting it. My previous version had some skips and scratches. I love it at loud volume! I remember hearing to it in the clubs when it first came out. And the video was pushing the limits of that time.

I liked Relax and all, but I had no idea how good the entire album was. Now I always listen to the whole thing straight through.

Found a Philips RH752 receiver a couple of weeks ago.Worked, but needed some new caps, new lightbulbs and some general TLC. Not the most easy piece of gear to work on, but I think it came out nice.

uitelkaar.jpg

Licht_1.jpg

Licht_3.jpg

So, how did you like it?

I really liked it. My wife wasn't so sure! The concept is great and the quality is very very good. :)

Nice to see someone else likes the Go-Go's, one of my guilty pleasures as well. :) :beerchug:

I have a few Go-Go's. They bring me back to simpler times.

It's funny too, because the Doobie Brothers album has a song that I thought was a Seals and Croft song! I've been looking for it for years! Found another song in A Foot in Cold Water that I had also been looking for, and it turns out the bass player is Hugh Leggat, who is the creator of Leggat Illuminations!

Back
Top Bottom